WWII vs healthcare.gov

In the middle of the great Depression Pearl Harbor was bombed by the Japs and we entered the war.This was in 1942 with the war ending in 1945.
This nation was able to build a huge army, and a navy, building aircraft, ships, tanks, bombs guns, artillery and such We defeated not only the Germans but the Japanese too and did it all in less time than it took to build a website for Obamacare that does not work.
  • CJ7
  • 11-08-2013, 09:00 PM
what a moron

compare a world war to a website
Japs?

Typical.

Welcome to ECCIE, home of the redneck!
Japs?

Typical.

Welcome to ECCIE, home of the redneck! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
My favorite RedNeck...Mr. E T Williams...enjoy Ozombie

what a moron

compare a world war to a website Originally Posted by CJ7
Why?

We put 10+ million men into the military, built 10s of thousands of aircraft, hundreds of ships AND the atom bomb - all between December 1941 and August 1945. About 3 years and 8 months.

Healthcare is Obama's signature legislature. They had about the same amount of time to build a website to enroll citizens.

Why on earth couldn't they get it done?

Why didn't the federal government say to Amazon or Google: "Here is $200 million. Build us a website like yours that can handle the same traffic levels. If it is up and running by 2011, we will give you another $100 million"?

If they had, the job would be done and we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Okay, war is something we know. In 1961 John F. Kennedy said that we would put a man on the moon and safely return him to earth. Eight years later we did by inventing the technology that didn't exist and figuring out problems that no one had ever experienced.
  • CJ7
  • 11-09-2013, 12:24 AM
Why?

We put 10+ million men into the military, built 10s of thousands of aircraft, hundreds of ships AND the atom bomb - all between December 1941 and August 1945. About 3 years and 8 months.

Healthcare is Obama's signature legislature. They had about the same amount of time to build a website to enroll citizens.

Why didn't the federal government say to Amazon or Google: "Here is $200 million. Build us a website like yours that can handle the same traffic levels. If it is up and running by 2011, we will give you another $100 million"?

If they had, the job would be done and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Originally Posted by ExNYer

FYI Google has a serious problem with Google Earth and IE10 being compatible ... it doesn't work. Period ... soooo
FYI Google has a serious problem with Google Earth and IE10 being compatible ... it doesn't work. Period ... soooo Originally Posted by CJ7
Uh huh...

• CJ7
  • 11-09-2013, 12:40 AM
Uh huh...

Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB

like you are smart enough to know.
CJ7, why is it that you stoop to the instant name calling when you see something you cannot get your mind around.

It is not difficult to comprehend the feats that were performed in a similar amount of time and see what can be accomplished when the American people are behind the effort. So me taking what I believe to be an enormous feat of work versus a rather small task that took a similar amount of time and making a comparison makes me a moron. Welcome to the level of assup, you should get an award.
  • CJ7
  • 11-09-2013, 08:56 AM
CJ7, why is it that you stoop to the instant name calling when you see something you cannot get your mind around.

It is not difficult to comprehend the feats that were performed in a similar amount of time and see what can be accomplished when the American people are behind the effort. So me taking what I believe to be an enormous feat of work versus a rather small task that took a similar amount of time and making a comparison makes me a moron. Welcome to the level of assup, you should get an award. Originally Posted by The2Dogs

gee I dunno, let me think ...

a war that killed 50 million people

a website

yup, they're comparable ..... if you're a retarded moron
In the middle of the great Depression Pearl Harbor was bombed by the Japs and we entered the war.This was in 1942 with the war ending in 1945.
This nation was able to build a huge army, and a navy, building aircraft, ships, tanks, bombs guns, artillery and such We defeated not only the Germans but the Japanese too and did it all in less time than it took to build a website for Obamacare that does not work. Originally Posted by The2Dogs

Yeah, that's profound. You think that one up all by yourself? Just the absurd type of analogy that numbnutted thinkers like you think are clever and worth sharing. Let me guess, you got that from one of your RWW radio shows or websites where they have to come up with something new every hour to keep you chuckleheads amused and foaming at the mouth. Right? That would explain why it is so stupid and inapplicable.

By the way, not to put too fine a point on it, but you might get some argument from the Russians about who was responsible for defeating the Germans. They took more casualties at Stalingrad than the United States suffered during the entirety of the hostilities.

Oh, and by the way, we entered the war in 1941 and it was not the "middle" of the great depression but toward the end, with the war definitively ending it.
  • CJ7
  • 11-09-2013, 09:33 AM
Why?

If they had, the job would be done and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Originally Posted by ExNYer

it took breast cancer 3 years to kill my Buds mother too ... Dr.s gouged the shit out of her insurance company until the policy hit its cap, and she DIED.

problems like that are being addressed right now .... so compare timeframes all you want
This nation was able to build a huge army, and a navy, building aircraft, ships, tanks, bombs guns, artillery and such We defeated not only the Germans but the Japanese too and did it all in less time than it took to build a website for Obamacare that does not work. Originally Posted by The2Dogs

Wonder why you didn't compare it to the war in Afghanistan or Iraq?
  • CJ7
  • 11-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Wonder why you didn't compare it to the war in Afghanistan or Iraq? Originally Posted by i'va biggen

wouldn't have been fair

3 years of wasting 200 million or 12 years of wasting 12 billion a MONTH