Testing Service Review: RBJ STD Clinic on Waller ST

Was using Planned Parenthood for years, until I got a chance to try the RBJ STD Clinic on Waller ST. $20 covers (almost) EVERYTHING for a whole month. Hopefully it is just the testing, but if, God forbid, you have a STD, a lot of treatment options are also covered by that single fee.

https://austintexas.gov/department/s...-diseases-stds

Only thing that's a drawback is that you can only make an appointment 1 business day in advance. Otherwise, you can try to get a "stand by" appointment the same day. Wait times for service are comparable to those I found at the Planned Parenthood location I was going to. Very organized and efficient.
Thank you for this ! When you say (almost) everything, what isn't covered? HIV/AIDs? Herpes? I know when I go to my doctor I have to request for those two specifically.
Thank you for this ! When you say (almost) everything, what isn't covered? HIV/AIDs? Herpes? I know when I go to my doctor I have to request for those two specifically. Originally Posted by Tracy Aine
I have to usually request a full STD panel from my doc on my blood draw for my annual checkup. At the RBJ clinic, they test for everything automatically except for Herpes, unless you opt out of certain tests. HIV and Syphillis by blood draw rapid test in their in-house lab, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea by urine sample with results a couple of days later. You have to be symptomatic to be evaluated for Herpes (they won't evaluate by blood draw for Herpes Type 1 and 2, like I can with my doc). I also think there are limitations to the coverage of the long-term treatments (for things like HIV and Herpes), as you have to qualify under certain specific guidelines. The link I posted should have more info.
They do require a photo ID so it's not confidential. I think they use the data for statistical purposes but not likely to reveal names.
MedSpring Urgent Care covers everything as well. Tested 3-4x with them (all clean results). Only negative was that my last visit the doctor was very condescending. I guess he thought I was regarded for receiving head without a condom.
Thanks or the information! that is a really good deal. Planned parenthood has gone up quite a bit for the STD workups in the past year. Good to know! @Gatsby, it's a tiny bit comforting to know that guys get that sort of patronizing attitude too. One of the reasons why I now have a female gynecologist. I had a older, male gynecologist for a few years when I was in my early to mid thirties. I asked for a full STD workup and he asked how many sexual partners I had. None of your damn business. That's how many. Just give me what I ask for, I'm not asking for you to be my life coach.
They do require a photo ID so it's not confidential. I think they use the data for statistical purposes but not likely to reveal names. Originally Posted by TonyH2
I didn't see them copy my ID, like some other doctor's offices do, unless I wasn't paying attention, but, yes, to make sure you are who you say you are, so they can pull your file, you do need to present that.
I had called planned parenthood to see how much it would cost and they quoted me $300. That is insane! Thank you again for sharing this, I'm going to repost a link in SA. I'd gladly take a drive up there for that on a monthly basis.
I had called planned parenthood to see how much it would cost and they quoted me $300. That is insane! Thank you again for sharing this, I'm going to repost a link in SA. I'd gladly take a drive up there for that on a monthly basis. Originally Posted by Tracy Aine
I would double check the website and/or call, to make sure you are eligible. They may have a residency requirement, as I'm pretty sure they can offer it for $20 only because they are being subsidized by taxpayer money. May be another reason they ask for ID.