Mitt, Jeb say "Take down Confederate battle flag

Romney tweets that the flag is a "symbol of hate for many". Jeb says take it down, just like the did in Florida. Cruz, of course, says it should be up to the state....kind of like the slavery and then the segregation arguments.

What say you?

I have mixed emotions about this and have posted about it before. I get that African-Americans view the flag as a symbol of support for slavery and subjugation. But, an awful lot of brave men died following that flag into combat fighting for things besides slavery.
Yeah, that will solve everything.
Like body cameras.

Doesn't SC have the only black US Senator?
Mitts a Yankee.
Romney tweets that the flag is a "symbol of hate for many". Jeb says take it down, just like the did in Florida. Cruz, of course, says it should be up to the state....kind of like the slavery and then the segregation arguments.

What say you?

I have mixed emotions about this and have posted about it before. I get that African-Americans view the flag as a symbol of support for slavery and subjugation. But, an awful lot of brave men died following that flag into combat fighting for things besides slavery. Originally Posted by timpage
someone could say the same thing about the German Swatiska and it's flag- didn't a lot of Nazi's died following the Flag/Swatiska in combat fighting as well? Just because people dies doesn't make it honorable or "brave"- a lot of jihadist have died for their belief in radical Islam- should we go around flying ISIS flag or banner?
The other symbol of war, hatred, terror, slavery, and religious fanaticism that should be removed from all public images (including the International Red Cross) .

Romney tweets that the flag is a "symbol of hate for many". Jeb says take it down, just like the did in Florida.

What say you?
Originally Posted by timpage
Take it down and burn it!
  • DSK
  • 06-21-2015, 12:36 PM

What say you?

I have mixed emotions about this and have posted about it before. I get that African-Americans view the flag as a symbol of support for slavery and subjugation. But, an awful lot of brave men died following that flag into combat fighting for things besides slavery. Originally Posted by timpage
A known communist and left wing asshole like you says, "I get it" and thinks that makes him enlightened and immunizes him from any retribution from the venomous left on what he says. It is very similar to a trained monkey doing tricks and getting treats from his owner.
A known communist and left wing asshole like you says, "I get it" and thinks that makes him enlightened and immunizes him from any retribution from the venomous left on what he says. It is very similar to a trained monkey doing tricks and getting treats from his owner. Originally Posted by DSK
The jewish lawyer speaks. Go fuck yourself. Don't care if anybody thinks I am enlightened, don't care about being immunized from retribution from the left. Just stating an opinion and hoping to stimulate some interesting back and forth.

As usual, you don't have any.
someone could say the same thing about the German Swatiska and it's flag- didn't a lot of Nazi's died following the Flag/Swatiska in combat fighting as well? Just because people dies doesn't make it honorable or "brave"- a lot of jihadist have died for their belief in radical Islam- should we go around flying ISIS flag or banner? Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
You're right. They could.

And, I would still say the same thing. An awful lot of very brave men died in combat under that banner.

Let me ask you a question: the people in Vietnam would say the same thing about the stars and stripes that you are saying about the Confederate battle flag and the Swastika.

Do you think that the 55,000 American soldiers who died in Vietnam lacked honor? Or bravery? And, that their memory and the ultimate sacrifice they made ought to be shit on because the fought and died in a conflict that their government was ultimately condemned for?

Do you understand what I am trying to say? Maybe there's a difference between the politicians on the one hand..... and the men who picked up rifles and had the stones to walk into the shitstorm on the other? If you can't, then I pity you.
What the fuck is it? That aint the old CCCP flag, is it? Forgive me, I don't recognize it.

The other symbol of war, hatred, terror, slavery, and religious fanaticism that should be removed from all public images (including the International Red Cross) .

Originally Posted by Whirlaway
What the fuck is it? That aint the old CCCP flag, is it? Forgive me, I don't recognize it.

Originally Posted by timpage
It's the Turkish flag, Little Timmy-tard.
Why am I not surprised to see IBIdiot posting in ANYTHING that has to do with his beloved Confederacy?

And, do you think SLOBBRIN knew that was the Turkish flag, or do you think he thought it was the official flag of the Mohammedans?
Why am I not surprised to see IBIdiot posting in ANYTHING that has to do with his beloved Confederacy?

And, do you think SLOBBRIN knew that was the Turkish flag, or do you think he thought it was the official flag of the Mohammedans?
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

The graffiti in the men's room at Nau's drugstore -- not in Clarksville -- reports that you have a pretty mean "Rebel Yell" when you back up for servicing at your Glory Hole, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM.

BTW, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM, you do realize that you proudly live in a city named for a slave owner in a state represented by a star on the Confederate St. Andrews Flag, and the your "Lone Star Flag" is itself correctly displayed only when it's "white over colored." It's good to know that those incidental facts must make you miserable your every waking moment, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM.

Furthermore, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM, that Turkish flag was derived from the almost identical flag employed by the Ottoman Empire for over 100 years; as such, it pretty much was the "official flag of Muhammedans" in Europe, North Africa, Anatolia and the Near East.

The Mohammedans date a little farther back than the Ottoman Empire.

So no, you're completely wrong about something else. Tremendous surprise there.

Even MORE surprising is how you brought slavery into the thread.

Fucking idiot...