Question for our esteemed Mod

• WTF
  • 11-11-2018, 10:18 AM
There are some posters that have derogatory verbiage in their sig lines. One in fact calls posters in this forum American Taliban. Is that allowed.

I could put in my sig line that posters in here are part of say the KKK without drawing points or warnings?

Thank you for your valuable time concerning this matter.
Read the published guidelines...
My sig line doesn’t even work. Why is that?

In fact I don’t see anyone else’s either. Is there a setting?

In fact I don’t see anyone else’s either. Is there a setting? Originally Posted by TheDaliLama

I see your sig fine.

you should be able to see mine.
He can’t...
  • WTF
  • 11-11-2018, 01:30 PM
Anybody have a link to the posted guidelines.
  • WTF
  • 11-11-2018, 01:33 PM
Read the published guidelines... Originally Posted by Wakeup
I plan on it...but I'd really like to know how you are going to Moderate what is said in them. Each Mod seems to moderate their forum with different standards in accordance with civility and say thread hijacking.

I was trying to figure out your variance on this one issue.

Thank you for your time and patience.

In fact I don’t see anyone else’s either. Is there a setting? Originally Posted by TheDaliLama

go to the user control panel

go to options

go to Thread Display Options

the tick box for sig display is on there. if its off, everyone can't see it. if its on, then the mods blocked your sig for some perverse reasons.

p.s. empty your mailbox.
Nothing dilbert said has anything to do with why he cannot see his signature line. One of you can’t, and one of you can, what is the difference between you two?

Anybody have a link to the posted guidelines. Originally Posted by WTF
It’s in the panel to the left, where it has always been since the site was founded.

...but I'd really like to know how you are going to Moderate what is said in them. Each Mod seems to moderate their forum with different standards in accordance with civility and say thread hijacking. Originally Posted by WTF
Every mod is different, you will not get consistency on some guidelines from mod to mod. You might want to read the sticky in this forum, as this is where this thread is going to get moved to soon.
  • WTF
  • 11-11-2018, 01:50 PM
It’s in the panel to the left, where it has always been since the site was founded. Originally Posted by Wakeup
Thank you and for the history lesson too. Never knew it had been there the whole time. Interesting.
Jesus WU, why not just answer his question? You could have given him a direct answer with less effort than it took to post your current replies.

Dealing with you is like dealing with building inspectors. You can never get a straight answer. Many of them just can't wait to pass out the red tags.
  • WTF
  • 11-11-2018, 01:52 PM
Every mod is different, you will not get consistency on some guidelines from mod to mod. You might want to read the sticky in this forum, as this is where this thread is going to get moved to soon. Originally Posted by Wakeup
Yes, that is why I asked you for clarification.

There is a sticky in this forum? Well I be.

I'm learning all kinds of good things today.
  • WTF
  • 11-11-2018, 01:56 PM
Could someone post the Guidelines link.

I can't seem to find it on the main page. Is it near the top posters link?
Jesus WU, why not just answer his question? You could have given him a direct answer with less effort than it took to post your current replies. Originally Posted by Budman
Because I’m not here to spoon feed you guys replies so that you can conveniently forget the rest. None of the questions that have been asked here so far are mysteries. The answers have all been posted publicly, in multiple forums on this board. Y’all can do some work to answer your own questions here.
  • iffy
  • 11-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Yes, that is why I asked you for clarification.

There is a sticky in this forum? Well I be.

I'm learning all kinds of good things today. Originally Posted by WTF
Many asses need to be kissed... Job well done!