Does anyone have an extra copy of Microsoft Word and Excel laying around?

I have Open Office and am happy with it.

However, I need a newer copy/version of the Word and Excel. One of those home versions, or student ones, would be fine. It doesn't have to be the professional one that they offer.

I figure with this group, someone might have an extra copy of it laying around and would like to help a lady (lady???? ) out!

Thanks,
Elisabeth
Hey, noticed you said Open Office...have you used Libre Office (newest version=5)...pretty capable and free :-)...of course, if you have specific requirements (e.g., certain macros or other features in Excel or Access), then, yeah, you'll have to go with Office (or Orifice as I like to call it)...Good luck and if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask!
I have Open Office and am happy with it.

However, I need a newer copy/version of the Word and Excel. One of those home versions, or student ones, would be fine. It doesn't have to be the professional one that they offer.

I figure with this group, someone might have an extra copy of it laying around and would like to help a lady (lady???? ) out!

Thanks,
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers

I have a copy of the Microsoft Office Pro Suite you may have and can install for you.
It's very easy to use a cracked version that simply blocks the verification.

I've been doing it for quite a few years with zero issues.
Retail for the student teacher edition is $150. Typically on sale for less. Cracked versions are stealing and a good way to get infected
And buying a student/ teacher edition when you aren't a student or teacher is?....
Thanks for the comments. I appreciate them!

This is for a university course and needs to be above board in all ways.

I was just trying to save a penny or three. That's all. Plus, in many years past, I've had an extra "key," or whatever it's called, laying around from a program that was completely legal to give away or share.

I'm sure things might have changed since the age of the dinosaur computers but I was trying to cut a few corners. Not be illegal about it (in other words, I like to mess around with pirates ... not pirate copyrighted materials).

Again, thanks!
And buying a student/ teacher edition when you aren't a student or teacher is?.... Originally Posted by Chaataca
Given she is a student, thats not a problem, is it?
Most mid to large sized companies are enrolled in MSHUP, http://www.microsofthup.com/hupus/home.aspx
By far the cheapest way to get an "above board" current installation of office.
I think I am maxed on the 3 installs for office (will check in a bit) but maybe someone else wants to play hero??
I'll just purchase it. I was attempting to take the easy road out and try to catch a quick break ... I'm so naughty.

Anyway ... thanks.

Happy Friday!!!

Mods,

You can close this thread if you wish!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
IF u haven't bought it let me know. I have Office 365 that has everything on it more multiple puters
Also as a reference, if you are enrolled in most schools, you can get office at a big discount or even free through the school bookstore.
care to barter ?
ill give you a copy for 90 minutes ?
Elisabeth, check on microsoft website, many schools are setup so you can get a free live365 account with your student email address. this also allows you to download a full copy of office to your PC or MAC and mobile devices.