"Huh" You're driving me nuts!!

and it's not that long of a drive. When did "Huh?" become the most popular way to respond to any question asked by text? In the last month or I’ve heard it at least a dozen times and it seems to be spreading. It doesn’t seem to matter what the question is. With some people you're going to get a "huh" as your first response.

How are you? Huh? I mean come on. I'm not with the grammar patrol. I don't believe I've ever criticized anyone for their sentence structure. If it wasn't for spell check everyone would think I'm retarded. If you want to lump your post into one giant paragraph that's fine with me. If I don't like what you're saying or how you said I just go on to the next post.

Am I the only one to notice this trend? I texted one of the lovely ladies associated with this board a week ago with a statement, not a question. First word back "Huh” That was followed by "she don't got no......." That's not how she speaks in person. I told her that in my response. Not the best way to win friends.

Has inbred mouth breather replaced gangsta thug as the people we want to emulate? I was getting pretty tired pretending I understood hood speak. Do I need to re-watch Deliverance to be up to speed with my everyday vernacular?
I am the last person to tell anyone about grammar, or spelling. It does however seem harder to to text words incorrectly. My favorite is "dat" and "dis"
But yes, it is common for people to text and type the way they speak, and it does not make any sense to me either.
Watching the old movie Deliverance wouldn't further your understanding of Ebonics or the new text "speak" that I often deal with as well.

It's just annoying, that's all. For now, I try to just be accepting.

I tried to fight texting for a few years, now, I just have to go with it, however irritating it can be.
  • L.A.
  • 09-09-2015, 03:24 PM
and it's not that long of a drive. When did "Huh?" become the most popular way to respond to any question asked by text? In the last month or I’ve heard it at least a dozen times and it seems to be spreading. It doesn’t seem to matter what the question is. With some people you're going to get a "huh" as your first response.

How are you? Huh? I mean come on. I'm not with the grammar patrol. I don't believe I've ever criticized anyone for their sentence structure. If it wasn't for spell check everyone would think I'm retarded. If you want to lump your post into one giant paragraph that's fine with me. If I don't like what you're saying or how you said I just go on to the next post.

Am I the only one to notice this trend? I texted one of the lovely ladies associated with this board a week ago with a statement, not a question. First word back "Huh” That was followed by "she don't got no......." That's not how she speaks in person. I told her that in my response. Not the best way to win friends.

Has inbred mouth breather replaced gangsta thug as the people we want to emulate? I was getting pretty tired pretending I understood hood speak. Do I need to re-watch Deliverance to be up to speed with my everyday vernacular? Originally Posted by boomvang

Ummmm...wut???
Watching the old movie Deliverance wouldn't further your understanding of Ebonics or the new text "speak" that I often deal with as well.

It's just annoying, that's all. For now, I try to just be accepting.

I tried to fight texting for a few years, now, I just have to go with it, however irritating it can be. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Oh I know EW. Regardless of what you may hear I'm not really "Old Man Fussy" I did my best with hood speak, but I never could keep it straight. Was I thrown off.? Tho'd down? Throwed up? I tried and got a few well deserved "wut?"

Ummmm...wut??? Originally Posted by L.A.
LOL, Honestly, I laughed out loud when I read this.

Urban Dictionary, such a tool. That's been said about me too a couple of times.