Can't believe football season is upon us again

Tomorrow the preseason starts.
Go steelers!!!
The cowbitches are still mathematically in it ...
Forget Pre-Season!

This time of the year I only wait for one show!

I recall the days the NFL referred to these match ups as Exhibition Games.....and they played six of them.

It wasn't long ago that the league office decided public perception was incorrect (ie" that these games were meaningless and that game tickets shouldn't be charged the same as regular season tickets) and relabeled them as Pre$eason Game$....in turn, giving them great value and very much worth the co$t as a game scheduled in November / December.....

So...this Saturday, when Los Angeles fans pour into the Coliseum to see snippets of their new team play the Cowboys, rejoice for them. Those $12 beers and $8 hotdogs are gonna taste mighty fine as a sold out stadium catches glimpses of their star RB, Gurley (sit the pine) for this very, very meaningful game.
Just my opinion but I'll take a good college match up over a pro game any day.

The pageantry, the real excitement, the fans have a deeper connection to the players and the teams in general.

The teams with extraordinary skill players are always fun to watch. There are more weaknesses to attack. The big upsets are more shocking. Not as much parity as the pros. No comparisons on the sideline antics. And you won't see a team with win/loss ratio of 66% in the playoffs.

The rivalries : Texas/OU, Alabama/Auburn, Michigan/Michigan State, even UCLA/USC and the many more.

I enjoy the pro's as well. To me, they're just not as exciting.
Dak and Zeke are the new QB-RB of the future. I have a great feeling about this season!
zeke is the RB of right now, Dak needs at least 3 seasons watching from the sidelines to be ready for real NFL action.
Don't care too much for preseason. If it doesn't count, you can count me out. It's been a fun summer, though. Between the Euro, the Copa America, and the Olympics, it's gone by fast! Hate the years in between when it's nothing but baseball. You watch the top 10 and it's like baseball, baseball, baseball, baseball, baseball, spelling bee, baseball, baseball, baseball.
Haven't watched football -- pro or college -- in years. Just way too slow. Wasting three hours to see thirty minutes worth of plays is ridiculous. It's as bad as playing golf.
As they say, one man's rags is another man's treasures.....

Or...to each their own. Right?

Nevertheless, I love the fall and winter months. It means football is in the air....on Saturdays...Sundays....Monday and Thursday nights. If there's a game on, I'm usually tuning in.

For me, those three hours absolutely fly by. And I can't wait for the next game to kick off

Haven't watched football -- pro or college -- in years. Just way too slow. Wasting three hours to see thirty minutes worth of plays is ridiculous. It's as bad as playing golf. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
SORRY Cowboy fans........
*since '96 season.....you're a .500 team with what 4 division titles / grand total of TWO play-off wins?....one of the worst GM's EVER.....weak HC....celebrated owner but how great can he be since he keeps Garrett and refuses to fire himself?.....in a PARITY driven league of course you'll have a nice year every 5 -10 years or so (like 2014)....they draft / practice / plan.....as if they are NE (12-4 type team)........................: roflmao:

I'm a college guy too....
week 1 looks awesome to all those inclined

starts next Friday with a really weird Hawaii vs Cal in AUSTRALIA wtf

Fri Aug 26 Time Location

California vs. Hawaii 10:00 PM ANZ Stadium

Thu Sep 1 Time Location

S Carolina @ Vanderbilt 8:00 PM Vanderbilt Stadium
Oregon St @ Minnesota 9:00 PM TCF Bank Stadium

Fri Sep 2 Time Location

NW State @ Baylor 7:30 PM McLane Stadium
Colorado St vs. Colorado 8:00 PM Sports Authority Field
Kansas St @ Stanford 9:00 PM Stanford Stadium

Sat Sep 3 Time Location

GA Tech vs. Boston Col 7:30 AM Aviva Stadium, DUBLIN
Missouri @ W Virginia 12:00 PM Milan Puskar Stadium
Oklahoma vs. Houston 12:00 PM NRG Stadium
UCLA @ Texas A&M 3:30 PM Kyle Field
LSU vs. Wisconsin 3:30 PM Lambeau Field
S Methodist @ North Texas 7:00 PM Apogee Stadium
USC vs. Alabama 8:00 PM AT&T Stadium
Clemson @ Auburn 9:00 PM Jordan Hare Stadium
Arizona vs. BYU 10:30 PM University of Phoenix Stadium

Sun Sep 4 Time Location

Notre Dame @ Texas 7:30 PM Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium

Mon Sep 5 Time Location

Ole Miss vs. Florida St 8:00 PM Florida Citrus Bowl
The Dak / Zeke Era may be starting sooner than we think.

Romo (once again) showed poor judgement (gasp!)....attempting to scramble on a broken play (in a meaningless pre-season game, at that) instead of "doing the right thing": throwing the ball into the stands (or) dropping to the ground ie, Brady / Peyton and going back to the huddle to call the next play.

I've been a Romo fan since day one (but) I'm officially out of patience with these dumb ass decisions (as others prolly are I'm sure). He's 36 years old and doesn't seem to have a grasp as to how brittle he's become. It's not a matter of if but when. He's gonna "break" again (and opposing defenses know it). The "nudge" he received last night on the 3rd play of the game suggests he won't survive this season. That said, get ready for the Dak Attack....it's nigh upon us.

Also....good-god-all-mighty.....someone please beat the pitiful Terrance Williams out of his starting job and put his sorry ass on the bench permanently. For a guy playing for a new contract that feeble attempt on a perfect Dak Prescott bomb was nothing short of pathetic. I pray Brice Butler can and will move ahead of him on the depth chart.....soon, too.....

Dak and Zeke are the new QB-RB of the future. I have a great feeling about this season! Originally Posted by Maggie_May
I'll be there the weekend of October 8, UT and OU Saturday, Cowboys bengals Sunday, and crossing my fingers for an Orioles rangers Alds that weekend too
The Dak / Zeke Era may be starting sooner than we think.

Romo (once again) showed poor judgement (gasp!)....attempting to scramble on a broken play (in a meaningless pre-season game, at that) instead of "doing the right thing": throwing the ball into the stands (or) dropping to the ground ie, Brady / Peyton and going back to the huddle to call the next play.

I've been a Romo fan since day one (but) I'm officially out of patience with these dumb ass decisions (as others prolly are I'm sure). He's 36 years old and doesn't seem to have a grasp as to how brittle he's become. It's not a matter of if but when. He's gonna "break" again (and opposing defenses know it). The "nudge" he received last night on the 3rd play of the game suggests he won't survive this season. That said, get ready for the Dak Attack....it's nigh upon us.

Also....good-god-all-mighty.....someone please beat the pitiful Terrance Williams out of his starting job and put his sorry ass on the bench permanently. For a guy playing for a new contract that feeble attempt on a perfect Dak Prescott bomb was nothing short of pathetic. I pray Brice Butler can and will move ahead of him on the depth chart.....soon, too..... Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
I hope Romo didn't hurt his vagina to badly.......