Disturbing Trend - No Data Protection

I am noticing alot of providers keep every text and text history on their phone. Also they are not password protecting their phone. Please erase all useless text you get and password protect your phone. It could save us all thousands of dollars and embarrassment if the phone falls into LE or a jealous boyfriends,. friend or husbands hands!
And the same should go for the Hobbyist.
Why anyone would not have a hobby phone these days is beyond me. $20 at darn near any pharmacy, WallyWorld, etc. Not 100%, but far better than the Google Voice option a lot of people use. Any for the super paranoid you can go all Snowden and pull the SIM and battery between uses. and wrap it in tin foil.
Yes most of us have a hobby phone but if you dont password protect it and erase data, then it is as dangerous as a real phone.
OP, so you're texting them with your real phone number? Pro tip, they're not the problem.
OP, so you're texting them with your real phone number? Pro tip, they're not the problem. Originally Posted by FunInDFW

My thoughts too......imagine that. ; )
I keep my phone password protected with an 8character password. I also use a throwaway phone with a texting app. The texting app keeps the history in their system but I can uninstall the app with one swipe. And poof! All texts gone. Getting into them would be like getting into my email. I know of one person that could hack whatever they want around here and no amount of security stops them. Luckily they have more sophisticated interests than hacking hookers.
Dang scrum....with all the shit postings and bs outings going on here these days....and now you're checking provider's cell phones?
a sharing & eco-tip, when you get ready to get rid of your burner phone, wipe it and then recycle it. or donate it to a shelter or other agency that can put it to good use.
Who is checking providers phones???? When you text them info and you are both sitting here and the whole life long text come up what do you expect?
What about all that use Google Voice?
There again, if she's using a "burner" for her work, your text back and forth are kind of like notes. If you are not using your real life info in those text messages, you probably shouldn't care. If you're using real life info..... She's not the problem. Sorry man.
I'm just wondering why all those ladies are using their phones during a session, at least enough of them that he is noticing "trends" concerning the info they keep. LOL