What would you do?

So with the recent discussions about race and such, it got me to thinking, and I am cruious as to what everyone else would do in this situation.

As we all know, there are certain countries in the world that have much higher %'s of people infected with HIV, or other such things.

So, let's say as a provider, you meet a client for the first time and he tells you he is from one of these places.
What if you as a client meet a provider and she tells you the same.

What would you do?

Would you still engage with them, knowing the risk is higher simply bc they are from that country?

Do you think if you did decline to see them, that this constitues prejudice or is it just being smart and safe?
Why certainly it's prejudice if you don't see them. There are all kinds of prejudices.
  • gamma
  • 08-12-2010, 07:28 PM
You should price that possibility into your $$$.
Really it would depend on the region, but I could see myself not being interested in someone for that reason; at least until more information was acquired.
Be it as it may, those who come over get tested for those type of diseases so they may actually be safer than average American who has been here for years, tested or not.