Most terrifying night of my life

I have a bat pinned under a trash can. How the #%*& do I get him out of here?
I’ll help you with the bat in your trash can, if you will help me with the snake in my pants!! :-p
Okay, get a piece of cardboard...like from a large box. Gently slide it under the can, making sure you don't hurt Count Dracula. Then carefully move it outside. You can either move the can and let it out or, if you want a little distance, then use a broom handle or something to turn the can over and run like hell back inside. Good luck.

Remember, bats are creepy, but rarely aggressive or dangerous. He's just scared.
Okay, get a piece of cardboard...like from a large box. Gently slide it under the can, making sure you don't hurt Count Dracula. Then carefully move it outside. You can either move the can and let it out or, if you want a little distance, then use a broom handle or something to turn the can over and run like hell back inside. Good luck.

Remember, bats are creepy, but rarely aggressive or dangerous. He's just scared. Originally Posted by B Three
Great answer! Poor little guy is terrified and just wants to go home and eat mosquitoes.
I’ll help you with the bat in your trash can, if you will help me with the snake in my pants!! :-p Originally Posted by CHUDONTKNO2
Lol I would much rather deal with snakes

Remember, bats are creepy, but rarely aggressive or dangerous. He's just scared. Originally Posted by B Three
You sound like you know what youre doing. You should come get him, lol.

Seriously, though, I am gonna have to sit here and muster ungodly amounts of courage. I was up all night with the battle of the creepy bat and it took til 5 am to get him under a trash can.

FML
If you would have asked before, I would have told you to gently toss a sheet over him and then take him outside and sort of roll him out. Katie, he wants to get away from you more than you want to be rid of him. He's scared you're going to kill him.

You might be able to get him into the sheet still.
Yea I wish I had like a net or something cause I'm scared he's gonna get loose when I try to slide the cardboard under.

I am thinking he should be sleeping now since its daytime.
Ok I'm going to try. If you guys never hear from me again you know what happened.
You can do it! They're scary but harmless!
OMG I need a drink now! LOL

I just knew he was gonna try to escape when I slide the cardboard underneath and sure enough his claws and his little head came poking out. We were face to face, it was terrifying.

He's gone now. He scurried down the sidewalk. Kinda funny to see a bat running down the sidewalk.
Deleted
Katie....one won't do. You need at least a dozen to make a stew with them since they are smaller than quail
My problem is with cockroaches
I have a small can of acetone in the bathroom so if I see a cockroach I just splash some acetone on the critter and thats it.
otherwise they scurry so fast I cannot catch them.
I should have titled this thread "Katie officially goes Bat Shit Crazy!" LOL

I had nightmares with bats. I have bat PTSD now.