Saying hi! (Parking/Mass Transit)

I knew eccie was a big deal in Texas, but since I'm going to start spending a lot of time in San Francisco, I thought I'd pop in and see what's going on here in the SF thread.

This may not be the most interesting of topics, but just to get things started:
Parking in San Francisco is time-consuming and costly. Do most San Francisco hobbyists visit ladies using public transportation? This is a huge difference from Dallas

[split out to a different thread -- Meiji]
  • Meiji
  • 09-20-2011, 09:36 PM
If you are in San Francisco proper and are close to downtown (Union Square/Market Street), getting from the airport, etc, is dead-simple via mass transit (specifically, BART). SF another light rail system beyond BART and an extensive bus system as well. Having a car if you are only spending time downtown, a car is just an additional expense for the car rental (if applicable) plus parking.

If you are going to spend time outside SF (South Bay/East Bay, etc), a car makes a little more sense. Mass transit in the south bay/east bay is more similar to the Dallas area, if you will.
Yes, I don't think anyone visiting me in Lower Pac Heights wants to pay $40 to park a car during the vist.
  • makie
  • 10-01-2011, 01:26 AM
Ms.HoneyRose,
Welcome to SF. I am a transplant as well from Dallas, but now live in the bay area. I don't know about the city, but living in the area needs a car.
Hey Honey. I now live in SF as well. Parking sucks.
Another transplant from Dallas area to Bay area here. Sure, would like to see more activity in this forum.
Another transplant from Dallas area to Bay area here. Sure, would like to see more activity in this forum. Originally Posted by gregory_m2003
I am not sure why it's not much action here in this section. But I get out there to visit the area so maybe you and I can make some action happen!
I come down a couple times a month from Dallas, so I'm not exactly a transplant, but I feel like it's my second home.

I am new to hobbying, but I'll do what I can to to keep the reviews flowing here - haven't had a great deal of luck with Redbook or Backpage in California, TBH.