Who's going to the ROT Rally?

• onei
  • 05-07-2015, 12:00 AM
I've already got my ticket. Love the bikes, love the women, love the excitement and shows.
I'm not on the board often so i just saw this. Surprised there's not more people going! I know I'll be there!
Yes, and riding my own of course. Not a Harley.
  • tzv13
  • 05-19-2015, 10:05 AM
After the shoutout on Waco I'm definitely not going.
Fuck that!
they picked the wrong time ofr the year .. it's too hot, too humid and of course too fucking noisy.. went once.. which counts for two.. first and last time.
For sure there are serious concerns. But riding itself is inherently dangerous. Get taken out at an intersection..get shot... die of old age...one can't be fearful, and one also can't be stupid.

But I'll roll with my crew just in case...
I will be riding through Western Colorado, Monument Valley, Capitol Reef, and Moab. ROT sucked last year, hardly any vendors compared to past years. The big parking lot that is normally overflowing with bikes was only about 1/4 full. The build off bike makers were largely unknowns. None of the big motorcycle parts distributors had their semi truck trailers on site full of product. I think it is time for the promoters to take a hard look at what they want the event to be and the demographic they want to attract versus trying to be something for everyone who rides. The free events the city put in coordination with ROT may also have drawn off a lot of potential attendees, along with the high ticket prices. They would do much better if they offered a day ticket versus having to buy one for the entire weekend.
  • onei
  • 05-19-2015, 09:02 PM
After the shoutout on Waco I'm definitely not going. Originally Posted by tzv13
I don't scare that easily! If I live my life running every time something happens, I'd rarely be able to do anything. I'm going.
I was gonna go but think I will stick to the one in Arkansas later in summer...

have fun if ya go!
Seems like the new gathering spot is the Rally in the Crater. We have friends who used to go to ROT every year. Went to the Crater and now will not be returning to ROT. FWIW.
  • tzv13
  • 05-20-2015, 08:31 AM
I don't scare that easily! If I live my life running every time something happens, I'd rarely be able to do anything. I'm going. Originally Posted by onei
I'm just avoiding it. Every rally/run the last few months has had major fights/stabbings from the gangs. Plus the tickets for ROT are outrageous this year. I'll go to some of the free events around town that are in conjunction with ROT, but going to the actual event...no thanks.
Ah went oncet an' they run meh off! Muthafukkahs din't take a likin' ta mah Vespa. Suns o' bitchaz!
Plus.. you have to pay to even go to the vendor area.. That's like paying to go to the mall.. no fuckin' way!!!
I always go ! So ill be there Some hot ladies for sure !