Screening practices - suggestions

Not sure where to post this to gain the most benefit, so if it needs to be moved or duplicated, please do so.

Ladies, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, if a potential client emails his references to you, remember, you are trusting a total stranger to give you correct & current contact info on the gals he claims to have seen. GOOGLE those gals email address and/or phone numbers to make sure they are linked to ads and reviews! I've turned away alot of business over the years because the info given to me by a client didn't pull up squat on the internet. For all we know, he may have used the name of a well known lady, but opened an email account with an address that closely resembles the real deal... so of course the reply will be "oh, yeah, he's a great guy".... LE can do the same thing.

Also, many ladies don't post their phone numbers... so if a client gives you a number for his reference, and you dont take a second to cut & paste that sucker into google to see if it is linked to ads and reviews... how do you know who you're talking or texting to on the other end? Could be him... could be LE.

Nothing is foolproof, but by taking these few extra steps... you could save yourself alot of grief.
amen!well said!
I decided to create this post because I got a text out of the blue from another provider I'd never even heard of... for a reference on a client. The same thing happened yesterday, different provider, different client.
Anyone I've screened and seen gets the same request from me... "My number is private, so please do not post or share". I tried to be as polite as I could and gave the ladies the references they requested, after i made sure they were providers and not a wife (I've gotten texts from wives before). I just wanted them to be a little more cautious when screening... as for the clients who gave them my number... they're gonna get their peepee slapped next time I see them... hahaha LOL
Thats so true! thanks for the thread