Grapeseed oil for massage?

Ages ago, there was a prolific poster on this board that used to RAVE about grapeseed oil.

Well, today I was straightening a few things and came across my organic (unopened) bottle of grapeseed oil that I had purchased but well, forgot about.

I'm always a bit loath to use oils for massage because they're so messy and usually stain my bedsheets. But I'm thinking of breaking out the grapeseed oil because I've heard good things.

But I wish to hear from the people here. Would anyone be interested in a grapeseed oil massage as compared to regular kama sutra oils or massage oils (I tend to favor almond!)?

Thanks!
Elisabeth
My thought would be, do you like the way it taste?
I've never tasted it!
I would not want you to rub it all over me if you would not enjoy licking me afterwards.
EW.... as a massage therapist... I love Grapeseed OIL.
It lasts longer... and soaks into your skin and isn't really messy or oily feeling.

If you wanna flavor it up a bit you can mix with 1/2 cup of Grapeseed oil and two tablespoons of Almond flavor or Vanilla Flavoring. I've done it many times. It is cheaper to make your own. I've bought several flavored oils from Body Logics in Addison and it beats paying 60 dollars for bottle.

Grapeseed is about 12.00 and flavoring is what about 3.00. Lasts longer and flavor to taste.

Or, if you wanna make your Real massage lotion last longer... You can always add a little Grapeseed oil to your lotions.

I do it all the time. You will love it.

Good luck girl.
i love the smell of peppermint or eucalyptus aroma in the lotions and oils that my chiro masseuse uses..... but it would be hard to explain if i a gent one of those thru a hobby massage tho.
Thanks, Amber. That's some really great advice!!!

I've never really advertised that I do massage although this summer, I actually got certified in bondassage. (I'm still working on the setup for that and it's a very unique offering!)

However, I've always had a wonderful massage table that I've just let sit there.

Since the bondassage training, I've gotten a heater for the table and some really nice bolsters to use as well as some fun silky sheets and flannel ones. The bondassage thing is going to be fun when I start to really advertise it.

Also, back in my thirsty twenties, I actually went to massage school. I don't have a license, though, and well ... since I used to room with probably one of the best massage therapists in town ... I never really thought to do it myself.

But I love massage on myself and I do enjoy giving them. Which is why I bought this grapeseed oil to begin with. Mine is organic and it did cost around $15. I really like the almond oil idea as well.

And the scents. I've also heard that it's good for lube of all sorts.

So again, thanks for the helpful hints! I'm going to try to get out to Body Logic in the next few weeks anyway. They have a few things that I need for my bondassage stuff!

Starting a topic about grapeseed oil, and some of the other things that you've mentioned, would be very helpful (I think) to the ladies who visit the private areas for the females. I think that this information would really help a bunch of us gals!!!

Best,
Elisabeth
i love the smell of peppermint or eucalyptus aroma in the lotions and oils that my chiro masseuse uses..... but it would be hard to explain if i a gent one of those thru a hobby massage tho. Originally Posted by mr_smooth
If you take a really good shower, will the smell wash off? Or does it linger?

I think that during the fall cold season, offering a body rub that has a strong scent such as that would be fantastic!!!

Still learning.

Always,
Elisabeth
You mentioned a couple of things. The first being that you bought the grapeseed oil a while back. The other thing that caught my attention is that it's organic. Elizabeth, please make sure it's not rancid before you use it. Remember, everything has a shelf life. Yikes!
As long as it is treated properly, kept away from sunlight and heat... organic GSO has a shelf life of about 1-2 years. If refrigerated, it will take on a cloudy appearance much like olive oil. Not near as bad as Sweet Almond with a 1-2 MONTH shelf life IF properly refrigerated!!

But yes, do consider when it was purchased-- rancid oil is always a risk when you choose to use oils.
I know another way to put that oil to work , I've yet to try this but when I do I'll report back!

NSFW: Make Her Giggle
The scented oil smell does wash off with a good shower...

MrDark.... WOW!
As long as it is treated properly, kept away from sunlight and heat... organic GSO has a shelf life of about 1-2 years. If refrigerated, it will take on a cloudy appearance much like olive oil. Not near as bad as Sweet Almond with a 1-2 MONTH shelf life IF properly refrigerated!!

But yes, do consider when it was purchased-- rancid oil is always a risk when you choose to use oils. Originally Posted by GracePreston
I purchased the oil during the first of the summer. It's fine. (The poster I mentioned was from ages ago, not the grape seed oil!).

I know another way to put that oil to work , I've yet to try this but when I do I'll report back!

NSFW: Make Her Giggle
Originally Posted by MrDark
You are an interesting man.

The scented oil smell does wash off with a good shower...

MrDark.... WOW! Originally Posted by mr_smooth
Thanks. I was curious about that!
Judging by the poster EW referred, one might thinck grapeseed oil causes dain bramage.
I use neutrogena sesame seed oil.....goes on nice and silky and leaves no "oily residue".it has a nice light scent and I can lick it while on a body or get a bad taste and not be harmed{lol}