Lakers vs. Mavericks - Lakers in 5

Figure the Mavs will pull out one at home, but with the 2-2-1-1-1 format the Lakers will one of two here and then game 5 at home.

Mavs will have no answers for Bynum/Gasol/Odom.
Not unless they can intentionally cause Kobe to do more damage to that ankle so he will have to sit more than play and then they can focus on shotting down the others without that threat.

It's a 3 point game right now in the 3rd with about 5 minutes left in the quarter.

UPDATE.

Kobe chokes worse than a resort waitress when he takes the last shot of the game and the Mavs win the first game after being down.

IF they can win these close ones, they could end up beating the West favorites.
All I got to say is GO MAVS.
Good for the Mavs.

LL, chokes? He led the game in scoring and everyone knew he was getting the ball. Protested shot was pretty damn close. Pau is the one who choked, fouling Dirk on the inbound pass. STUPID play on his part.

Kobe did not choke.

Like I said, good game for the mavs.

Lakers can still win it in 5. Not like the mavs aren't known for blowing 4 games in a row
game on. glad the Mavs got a game in LA. i'me going to game 3 so that should be a good one.
Good for the Mavs.

LL, chokes? He led the game in scoring and everyone knew he was getting the ball. Protested shot was pretty damn close. Pau is the one who choked, fouling Dirk on the inbound pass. STUPID play on his part.

Kobe did not choke.

Like I said, good game for the mavs.

Lakers can still win it in 5. Not like the mavs aren't known for blowing 4 games in a row Originally Posted by Boltfan
As a Lakers fanatic, I am not worried about the Mavs. The Lakers show up when they have to. This game 1, just as with the Hornets, they didn't have to so they played like they usually do when a game means little to them. The Lakers have no problem playing/winning on the road so I'm not too worried about the Mavs gaining home court advantage.
I have to say Pau's foul wasn't all that bad. He really bumped him mostly with his legs....but Dirk sure did sell it.

Then at the end when Kobe got pissy there wasn't a foul - it's not our fault he can't keep his feet one foot in front of the other. Kidd just happened to be RIGHT there. I'm glad they didn't call some BS foul with that one.
mavs in 6
Let's not forget that that Basketball is "fixed"...what other sport lately do you have a ref admitting he threw calls? Given the money that the NBA earns, do you really think it's not fixed? Unlike the NFL, it's far easier to throw a game...fewer people needed to pull it off.

Now, if you even think the above "might" be true in some aspects...do you think the NBA is going to let Cuban's team win anything?

The short answer: never

Lakers in 6 or 7...it's good for revenue.
Angie,

Pau's foul was bad because he is a 7 footer trying to deny the ball to Dirk as he was going away from the basket. Just like Jason Terry's foul right before the half, it was just completely unneccessary. You don't try to defend a shot from half court because the probability of it going in is so small and you give three foul shots if you mess up. Same with Pau. You just don't do that.

The Lakers should have gone for a 2 for 1 to have the ball last. I am shocked they didn't. In absense of that play you either foul a worse free throw shooter or just play defense for the last possession.

I am with Lucas, I am not worried in the slightest. Another wake up call that the team on the other side isn't going to lay down.

Enjoyable game though. I don't dislike the Mavs the same way I hate the Spurs. I root for the mavs in all other circumstances but this one. Just hasn't come up since 1988.
This series is going 7.
C'mon no one thinks the Mavs can sweep??? Hah!

I'm so torn about this, I love both teams and still remember the 88 series like it was yesterday. All that talent on both teams back then...amazing!
Yeah when they showed the the top 8 or 9 players it was amazing.

I still don't think it will go 7. Maybe 6. The problem is that IF (and it is a big ass IF) the Lakers decide to play hard the Mavs have no answers. It is only a matter of whether or not they choose to stay interested.
My hats off to the Mavericks. I have NEVER seen them play this way. Cutting to the basket, not settling for jump shots, pushing another team to defend on their own terms.

Quite impressive. If they can keep it up the series will end in 5 for the Mavericks.
I see the crow has been eaten. Fair enough, boltfan!