Everything OK in Eccie land?

I am not trying to stir up anything that is not there, but is everything OK in Eccie land? Lately, we have been hit with (1) new rules on Provider Ads, (2) unscheduled server maintenance (or was it an outage?), (3) abrupt maintenance on "showcases"... If these are in fact planned outages and maintenance, shouldn't we get better advanced warning?

Just asking...
All the above mentioned are red flags only because there was no notice and the time of day of the unscheduled maintenance.

I described it like this:

Damn they fucking with the economy lol the less sex goes around the less people work the less money they make the less sex they get and the vicious cycle just keeps going.
+ 1
This is making me have 2nd thoughts about buying lifetime premium access!!
reminds me of a Steven Wright line: "We're open 24 hours.....NOT IN A ROW!"
Yeah, it sucks.. but I still can't complain..I've been using eccie and aspd for quite some time and have never paid a dime. Guess I would be upset if I was paying for it.
  • ztonk
  • 01-16-2011, 04:18 PM
At least the site is always up! Not like the bad-old-site-at-that-other-place where you never knew if it would be there or not.
not one who post daily, just damn glad not a lifetime member.the ladies work hard on their profiles and phoof they're gone. thanks eccie!
At least the site is always up! Not like the bad-old-site-at-that-other-place where you never knew if it would be there or not. Originally Posted by ztonk
I like Eccie, more so than the "old" site. That's why I was a little worried so that it doesn't head in the same direction. Maybe just coincidence that some things seem to be happening close to one another...
Gee's guys aren't you all jumping the gun? Lifetime membership $250 ..... hell if that amount knocks you down you definitely need to find a new hobby......like checkers...

As per showcase there's a sticky at the top with explanation...

Here try this link www.aspd.net
I haven't been here very long but I too noticed this pattern of changes. Kind of like when I'm at work and they change something without notice and you know you better just keep your mouth shut.

Another observation from a newbie is there seems to be a lot of banned accounts. Has there been a lot of drama?
I suspect its part of the clean up prior to the Super Bowl at the Boss Hog Bowl. I don't know for sure but the timing . . .