growing trend of theft

I'm personally concerned about a growing trend by some providers to accept donations up front for particular needs (they say) then never repay as promised either for bartered goods and/or services or cash. I know I'm not the first but maybe if these providers are outed in some way, perhaps in the men's lounge, the word would quickly spread. I'd like to hear from the community their take. I know it's an unseemly practice and one none of us should consider. But, if you have done this, or even thinking about doing it, you should know that it's not a business deal, though you might think it is.

Don't say you should never advance money. It's already been said.
Its definitely a growing trend and you routinely read about it on the board now.
on what forum? and do the names of providers get mentioned?
You can start a list in the Men's Lounge if you like. If you feel generous and want to advance money to providers, then you should have the expectation of never seeing that money again. Some providers will hold up their end of the deal and some will take the money and run. It is best for both parties to get their business done at the said time instead of a time in the future.
Gnostalgia - Who stole your wallet this week?
Nothing new at all. The oldest profession created the second oldest : getting something from men without actually giving up anything in return.
Gnostalgia - Who stole your wallet this week? Originally Posted by Adrienne Baptiste
I wish i had put skin in ur game, bsb.
I wish i had put skin in ur game, bsb. Originally Posted by Gnostalgia
As it is continually amazing to me, this community blows me away with their insight and truth.
Not a growing trend. Women have been pulling this since the day I started. It's up to YOU to say 'no' or realize if you pony up the cash up front then it's most like gone.
It's still not an excuse to take advantage of someone's kindness. The minute a guy shorts them a nickel or overstays five minutes or can't make an appointment for legit reasons, he finds himself in a call out thread or no a DNS list. Last time I checked, none of them give away pussy for free, but wants money for nothing.

And they (some of them) think it's OK...because they're a woman and have some bullshit sense of entitlement, and it's 'cute and sexy' to con the guy out of money or anything she deems of value.

I was watching that show, 'Clipped' on TBS. This episode in particular had where the girls wanted to get free WiFi from the guy upstairs (or wherever his proximity to them....he changed his password). Not to pay a percentage of it, but FREE. One of the two ladies went to him to negotiate. Of course, her negotiation push was that you give me the password, and I give you a stomp on the balls or some other bodily harm bullshit...on him (in the words, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of inconvenience to her). Somehow that was supposed to be funny. I was considerably turned off by it, and almost changed the channel.

It's attitude like that that sometimes just makes women very unlikeable.

I've been one of those guys that have done a 'favor' to women, with promises on the back end, RW and hobby. In the hobby world, I've actually had almost no problems with the back end being fulfilled. Real world? Not so much. Very low percentage. Many times, karma came around.

Keep burning bridges if you want to, for those that do it.
  • BLM69
  • 07-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Who are these providers in here burning? Let it be known or stop whining about it.
Who are these providers in here burning? Let it be known or stop whining about it. Originally Posted by biglatinmale
See men's lounge.
Don't say you should never advance money. It's already been said. Originally Posted by Gnostalgia
That's kind of like asking people to not say "You shouldn't leave your keys in you car if don't want your car stolen".

There's a good reason that not advancing money has been repeated over and over. It's a foolproof way to avoid being burned.
As it is continually amazing to me, this community blows me away with their insight and truth. Originally Posted by Gnostalgia

Look at you ... self quoting ...
Forgot to log into the other account. Rookie mistake.