What's up with the hookups.info spam?

I keep getting pop-ups (new windows) from hookups.info, which require two clicks (there's a 'Leave This Page' message, too.) to dismiss with most actions performed on this site (open a forum, open a thread, post a message, etc.).

A wonderful way to drive traffic away from the site and reduce already low traffic to nothing.
Yea its annoying but they are gonna pop up due to what type this site is, but you can disable pop up ads from your computer though.
My pop-up blocker is turned on (won't let ECCIE pop-up for PMs, etc) but this sneaks through. BTW: It only started a few days ago. What changed?
Weird
I think even if you have a pop up blocker it still shows up. I don't know how to disable it
install the ad block edge addon for your browser.
My guess? ECCIE got hacked.
As I said earlier, this problem only cropped up in the past few days.
Also, this is the only site I'm having a problem with.
There was a lot of discussion about this in the national forums a couple of weeks ago. I don't think they have been hacked. I think it is new functionality they have added for their advertisers.
Pop-up blockers.
Perhaps calling attention to the issue (feature? problem?) has had the desired effect. It seems to have gone away w/o my altering my systems.
Oops- Spoke too soon