Possible dfw visit. Not sure where to stay

• lea
  • 09-18-2020, 03:17 PM
Its been years since I've been to DFW.
Used to just stay in Denton. Suggestions on Safe places to stay?

Thinking of making a weekend trip Sept 25th-27th
Lea,
if you're flying in, there are plenty of hotels near DFW. while fairly easy to get to, it can be 30-60 mins drive for guys to get there.

if you're driving, probably the most common and "central" location is along I-635 (aka LBJ Freeway) between I-35E to US 75 (aka Central Expwy).

if you want to be further north, then along the Dallas North Tollway, from north of LBJ all the way to Frisco (about 15 miles). traffic in either direction gets congested during the day.

i'm partial to the Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre - s.e. corner of LBJ & DNT. it can be a pain to get to, but the rooms are very large and 1/2 of the rooms have large windows looking west over the hiway intersection. if you're into light submission, the desk is a great space to tie a provider to and then engage in some light Domination/submission delites while watching the poor folks stuck in traffic on the hiways :^}

if it were me, i would not stay along I-35E - traffic is a bear!!
nor would i stay near LBJ & 75, except for a) The Westin Dallas Park Central or b) Hyatt Place Dallas/Park Central (tho rooms have a noisy a/c unit right next to bed) or c) Residence Inn by Marriott Dallas Park Central (along LBJ's southern access road, west of Coit Rd).

there are lots of hotels in all price ranges. what i usually do is chk hotels.com, booking.com, tripadvisor.com, priceline.com then book directly w/ the hotel (generally dont have to prepay or put a deposit down and can cancel up til 24-48hrs prior w/out charges).
just do a map or websearch for "motels on LBJ Freeway, Dallas, TX" or "motels on Dallas North Tollway, Dallas, TX"
also double check to see if they charge for parking (for example, the Westin at Park Central has a parking garage - free for hotel guests but NOT free for visitors; there's ample free parking nearby).

good luck and hope you enjoy your stay in "our fair cities"!!