Credit Cards

• EDANE
  • 05-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Who takes credit cards for payment?
and you know all the precautions about using a cc for time spent w/ a consulting provider, correct??
I would never use a credit card....I did once, in San Francisco, big fees were tacked on...how would you gingerly dispute charges with Visa/Mastercard?

I would never use a credit card....I did once, in San Francisco, big fees were tacked on...how would you gingerly dispute charges with Visa/Mastercard? Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I've heard of that being done at strip clubs too.

I have a work-around. You can use your credit card to buy Amazon e-giftcards in any denomination and then email them to me (BEFORE the date or at the start of the date. We have a desktop at our incall).

Or you can buy Vanilla Visa cards at a drugstore or grocery store and use those. Then the charge just shows up as "CVS", "WalMart", or "Tom Thumb".

The provider can go spend the cards at "House of Dildos" for all you care! It will never be tied back to you.

The Amazon is preferable as there is no fee for you and because I can use remaining increments easily.

I actually just uploaded $3.15 onto an Amazon virtual giftcard from a Vanilla Visa that had that odd little remainder after I'd bought some things.

I've heard of that being done at strip clubs too.

I have a work-around. You can use your credit card to buy Amazon e-giftcards in any denomination and then email them to me (BEFORE the date or at the start of the date. We have a desktop at our incall).

Or you can buy Vanilla Visa cards at a drugstore or grocery store and use those. Then the charge just shows up as "CVS", "WalMart", or "Tom Thumb".

The provider can go spend the cards at "House of Dildos" for all you care! It will never be tied back to you.

The Amazon is preferable as there is no fee for you and because I can use remaining increments easily.

I actually just uploaded $3.15 onto an Amazon virtual giftcard from a Vanilla Visa that had that odd little remainder after I'd bought some things.

Originally Posted by HoneyRose
Vanilla Visa is the biggest ripoff out there. It always has some problems. You have to register it and then when you want to use it to buy something, it is always denied.

It's a total scam. Avoid it like the plague.
  • NYr
  • 05-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Credit card = Federal case due to cross sate lines.
Credit card = Federal case due to cross sate lines. Originally Posted by NYr

Can you elaborate on that?
Credit card = Federal case due to cross sate lines. Originally Posted by NYr
Can you elaborate on that? Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire

It's interstate trafficking (crossing state lines &/or national/international boundaries) and racketeering (money laundering) by use of electronic means (computer/phone) which is federal criminal intent and felony.

18 USC 1030 - Fraud & related activity in connection with computers

18 USC 1961 - Definitions
18 USC 1962 - Prohibited activities
18 USC 1963 - Criminal penalties
18 USC 1964 - Civil remedies
18 USC 1965 - Venue & process
18 USC 1966 - Expedition of actions
18 USC 1967 - Evidence
18 USC 1968 - Civil investigative demand

Just look at the alerts section.
It's interstate trafficking (crossing state lines &/or national/international boundaries) and racketeering (money laundering) by use of electronic means (computer/phone) which is federal criminal intent and felony.

18 USC 1030 - Fraud & related activity in connection with computers
18 USC 1961 - Definitions
18 USC 1962 - Prohibited activities
18 USC 1963 - Criminal penalties
18 USC 1964 - Civil remedies
18 USC 1965 - Venue & process
18 USC 1966 - Expedition of actions
18 USC 1967 - Evidence
18 USC 1968 - Civil investigative demand

. Originally Posted by Shea Veile
Cash is king, unless you are renting a car at Hertz/Avis/Enterprise etc.
  • mike2
  • 05-29-2013, 06:24 PM
Wow, credit cards? Your kidding right? For petty crimes under 50 g's the feds will not get involved, well unless you send up a nice trail, Guess what? you just did when that cc number goes through the magnetic reader or entered it by hand into a computer. BTW, people get paid to do such things such as trace user habits by electronic means including web traffic......
oh ya...credit cards you should definitely use them, what could possibly go wrong????