the issues

• CJ7
  • 04-20-2012, 04:04 PM
here's a plethora of different polls that say what's important to voters ..

how either party's campaign platform might be effected is yet to be determined, but is seems pretty clear how the people will vote ..

just for you whirlie, enjoy.

http://www.ourfuture.org/report/2011...roject-polling
here's a plethora of different polls that say what's important to voters ..

how either party's campaign platform might be effected is yet to be determined, but is seems pretty clear how the people will vote ..

just for you whirlie, enjoy.

http://www.ourfuture.org/report/2011...roject-polling Originally Posted by CJ7
Whirly: I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little suprises.
El CJ7: Many pinatas?
Whirly: Oh yes, many!
El CJ7: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
Whirly: A what?
El CJ7: A *plethora*.
Whirly: Oh yes, you have a plethora.
El CJ7: Whirly, what is a plethora?
Whirly: Why, El CJ7?
El CJ7: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.
Whirly: Forgive me, El CJ7. I know that I, Whirly, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

That final question is a good one, but it's answer is moot.
Whirly has a plethora of issues. And at this point none of them come as surprises.
  • CJ7
  • 04-20-2012, 06:09 PM
easy for a guy driving a F-117 to say

I don't care much for polls as they are generally rigged to elicit specific results which in general makes them worthless.

I would much rather have free and open discussions about what matters to each person.

My number one concern personally is insuring that I will have sufficient funds for my retirement without counting on getting a dime from the government.

On a national level it is restoring the personal liberties that have been destroyed by an over reaching government and this is a bi-partisan effort, both have usurped our freedoms with government controls. This would involve repealing as many laws, acts, and executive orders as possible and along with it the reduction in the overall size and reach of the federal government.

I really don't give a shit about abortion, let the Democrats continue to practice eugenics, it is fine with me just don't ask me to pay for it.
Repeal Obama-care, it is not the responsibility of the government.

Cut government spending and balance the budget. If we could ever get a budget.
Strop borrowing money.
Stop printing money.

I could go on but my eyes are tired.
Will the voters forgive Obama for wasting so much time on something that we knew would be declared unconstitutional? A president, a senator, and a congressman only have 24 hours in a day. No more. It is a zero sum game. If you spend time playing gulf then you are not solving problems. Obama and the democrats spent months pushing the healthcare bill and ignored just about everything else. Now they point a finger at North Korea, the budget, Iran, Afghanistan, GSA, Solyndra, etc and want to know what the GOP is going to do about it. Why didn't the democrats do something about it or pass a budget during that time. They were busy pushing obamacare on a reluctant nation. So do the libs forgive the democrats for wasting so much time on stupidity instead of doing something useful? (I reserve the right to decide what is useful)
  • CJ7
  • 04-21-2012, 02:40 AM
its not about obama or romney, its about the issues important to the people, nonpartisan questions, non partisan answers, hence the title if the thread. The Issues.

very seldom do I post polls related to politicians because those types of polls are subject to change on a whim ... I posted these polls because people seldom, if ever change their position on subjects like social security and the rest of the issues mentioned. If you even bothered to read the results, you would have seen the numbers are extremely consistant on every subject in every poll. Should the people vote for the party that best represents their position on the issues that are important to them, ask yourself how your praticular party favorite aligns with the peoples opinions on the issues, and go from there.
There are agreat number of single issue voters, and that will never change just as there are straight ticket voters that are oblivious top the agenda of who thery are voting for.

The single issue voter dosent care about anything but the issue he is concerned about and if the worst candidate supports his issue then thatone gets thevote regardless of party. Harry Reid is a prime example of this.

My man issue is stippling the growth of government , the reduction of the size of government, and with it the reduction in the control of government over our daily lives. The result of that will be a reduction in government spending and hopefully an opportunity to reduce our debt. The result of that will be to stop the skyrocketing inflation that is killing the middle class.

The government should not be in the business of creating jobs but should be as helpful to business as possible as the private sector is where the jobs need to be. This requires a reduction in the strangling control over the neergy industry.We need an energy policy that encourages growth and production of all of our energy resources along with incentives to the energy companies to find alternatives that are cos competitive with fossil fuels. Being a leader in energy production and development not only made this nation great but can continue to allow this nation to grow in jobs for millions of people all without spending a dime of the taxpayer dollar.

Bring our troops home and protect our borders so that we are not invaded once again by illegal aliens that are not willing to go through the process to gain legal status.

Stop the war on drugs; it is little more than an enormous drain on our economy and a means of controlling the masses. There is no valid reason for what we are doing as a Republic unless you consider warehousing individual in prisons to reduce the numbers looking for jobs. Way too expensive without any benefit to the society as a whole. Little more than prohibition that has created a whole new mafia called cartels with world wide reach.

Eliminate all government unions. Collective bargaining on the taxpayers dime should be illegal. I do not approve of my tax dollars being spent that way.

Stop all military conflicts that are not declarations of war.
We are not a dictatorship and the military is not the personal force of the executive branch. Our representatives should be the onecs that decide where our military is to be used and when.
"It's the economy Stupid"

Something that BO lost focus on while pushing Obamacare.
There are agreat number of single issue voters, and that will never change just as there are straight ticket voters that are oblivious top the agenda of who thery are voting for.

The single issue voter dosent care about anything but the issue he is concerned about and if the worst candidate supports his issue then thatone gets thevote regardless of party. Harry Reid is a prime example of this.

My man issue is stippling the growth of government , the reduction of the size of government, and with it the reduction in the control of government over our daily lives. The result of that will be a reduction in government spending and hopefully an opportunity to reduce our debt. The result of that will be to stop the skyrocketing inflation that is killing the middle class.

The government should not be in the business of creating jobs but should be as helpful to business as possible as the private sector is where the jobs need to be. This requires a reduction in the strangling control over the neergy industry.We need an energy policy that encourages growth and production of all of our energy resources along with incentives to the energy companies to find alternatives that are cos competitive with fossil fuels. Being a leader in energy production and development not only made this nation great but can continue to allow this nation to grow in jobs for millions of people all without spending a dime of the taxpayer dollar.

Bring our troops home and protect our borders so that we are not invaded once again by illegal aliens that are not willing to go through the process to gain legal status.

Stop the war on drugs; it is little more than an enormous drain on our economy and a means of controlling the masses. There is no valid reason for what we are doing as a Republic unless you consider warehousing individual in prisons to reduce the numbers looking for jobs. Way too expensive without any benefit to the society as a whole. Little more than prohibition that has created a whole new mafia called cartels with world wide reach.

Eliminate all government unions. Collective bargaining on the taxpayers dime should be illegal. I do not approve of my tax dollars being spent that way.

Stop all military conflicts that are not declarations of war.
We are not a dictatorship and the military is not the personal force of the executive branch. Our representatives should be the onecs that decide where our military is to be used and when. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
If I were a one issue voter, I'd definitely vote for Obama. He's done more than any other prez in driving down the cost of hookers and putting more ladies in the biz. You gotta thank him for that.
"It's the economy Stupid"

Something that BO lost focus on while pushing Obamacare. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Yet and still he will be reelected
Yet and still he will be reelected Originally Posted by Thatdude
yee of little faith, from animal house

Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
"Hello, my name is Eric Stratton and damned glad to meet you."
"Mine is bigger than yours."
"I thought you took the bullets out! I did take the bullets out!"

"I thought you paid the hooker? No, I'm a secret service agent, I don't pay for pussy."
It dies not matter what the issue is what matters is that polls are often misleading in many way. The first is the sampling is not guaranteed to represent a complete and balanced cross section of the population.
Second the wording of the polls to elicit certain response can and does mislead.
Third is the timing of the pols taken that can also skew the outcome based on misleading media information and headlines.

I personally prefer to see what a person has to say and have a discussion to determine if they really understand what they are either supporting or are against.

I personally know people that would be in support of the majority of conservative issues but after you asked them all of the questions and said will you vote Democrat or Republican will tell you without hesitation they will vote Democrat.

Why is it that pollsters get to decide what the "issues" are? Why do they avoid the real issue?
Where is the poll about the government being over reaching.
Where is the poll about Obamacare
Where is the poll about inflation caused by government economic policies.
Why is the poll about unions specific to government employees.
Where is the poll on voter ID laws
Where is the poll on across the board spending cuts.

Social Security is only and issue for some and the current administration is reducing the funding through a bogus tax cut that will hurt us for years down the road.
Medicare is being underfunded by Obamacare which will steal the money designated for that and shift it to reduce the contrived cost of Obamacare.

Medicaid is the safety net of the truly indigent but needs some serious work to stop the rape of the system by people that can afford basic care but dont pay. This is basically the illegals that permeate the emergency rooms of hospitals that are reimbursed by the state for the cost.

If a person wants to be in a union so be it but to not allow a person to be employed in their trade, craft or skill because they choose to not be in a union is a violation of a persons individual liberty and should not be allowed to stand. The taking of dues and using them in PACs without the individual consent should be illegal.

Inflation isnt even on your list of issues.
WTF, we have rampant inflation and it isnt even discussed.

Energy policy, no poll on the waste of our tax dollars chasing green energy and the corruption in this administration in doling out the bucks. Then no poll on why this administration is so dead set on killing the industries that have made this nation what it was. I say was because he has hurt us so badly over the past three years I wonder if we will ever regain our prominence.

What about the new SS nazis the TSA and what they are doing to our individual liberties. Have you been groped or searched after responding to the question of what do you have in your pocket and you tell them nothing and you actually have noting in your pocket. Just another out of contropl government agency sucking on our tax dollars.

I get tired of the media telling me what the issue are when they refuse to examine what is really going on in this nation.
yee of little faith, from animal house

Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
I'm sure you can find J D and I B in this pic.
2dogs you sre spot on....As I learned many years ago in my statistics class in grad school, they will say what you want them to say. I can produce a poll saying what I want it to say...ijs