old paper...

recently i recieved an old paper i wrote when i was a child...
during parent teacher conferences my parents were actually called into school due to this paper..
apparently..my teacher had a problem with my subject matter...i still dont understand her issue with the subject matter...

any of ya'll get one of those old papers you wrote up in the mail recently?? please share...

maybe the teacher didnt like your fiirst word shot
  • Tiger
  • 11-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Goodness, someone has bacon on the brain.

Maybe your teacher didn't dig the pig.
lol..i was 5 at the time...
  • GP
  • 11-06-2012, 03:21 PM
You must have been the smartest kid in the class.
im sure all the bacon lovers would agree with me no matter what their age...
  • Tiger
  • 11-06-2012, 05:17 PM

Nita, Do you work for bacon?
(I'm kidding!) <
did you go to a Jewish school ??????
My old papers are in museums now ... ever hear of the Dead Sea Scrolls ...
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bacon
My old papers are in museums now ... ever hear of the Dead Sea Scrolls ... Originally Posted by pyramider
sweetheart...i was on the committee to hide those scrolls...damn diggers...never wanna leave well enough alone...

Nita, Do you work for bacon?
(I'm kidding!) < Originally Posted by Tiger

u know the song...i can bring home the bacon..fry it up in the pan...and neva neva let you forget youra man....

well........there's bacon in them thar hills!!! hahhaha tip me in bacon...lets see who see's this and actually tips me..in bacon..
just remember if you do..not the thick cut..it just burns in the pan..i know..tried it..dont like it...
lol BACON!!!!!
seems legit =)
  • Tiger
  • 11-07-2012, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=anita germane;1051865321]u know the song...i can bring home the bacon..fry it up in the pan...and neva neva let you forget youra man....

“u know the song...i can bring home the bacon..fry it up in the pan...and neva neva let you forget youra man....”

The song Anita refers to is “I’m a Woman”, Lieber and Stoller. Early in the 1960s, this song charted as a minor hit with the great Peggy Lee.

You all know I can’t help myself, so here we go:

Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller's initial successes were as the writers of such crossover hit songs as "Hound Dog" and "Kansas City". Later in the 1950s, particularly through their work with The Coasters, they created a string of ground-breaking hits that some may consider the most entertaining in rock and roll. They achieved this by using the humorous vernacular of the teenagers sung in a style that was openly theatrical rather than personal. These Coaster songs included: "Young Blood", "Searchin'", and "Yakety Yak".

Lieber and Stoller were the first to surround black music with elaborate production techniques. This enhanced the music’s emotional power with The Drifters in "There Goes My Baby", and influenced producer Phil Spector (“Wall of Sound”) who worked with them on recordings of the Drifters and Ben E. King.

Leiber and Stoller later focused on the "girl group" sound, releasing some of the greatest classics of the Brill Building period which issued The Shangri-Las' "Leader of the Pack" and The Dixie Cups' "Chapel of Love". (The Brill Building was a “hit factory” located in NYC, where the likes of high school students Carole King, Neil Sadaka, Laura Nyro, etc. would come to write songs after they got out of school!) But that’s a whole other story.

Jerry Lieber and Mike Stoller wrote hits including: "Love Me", "Loving You", "Don't", "Jailhouse Rock", and "King Creole", among others for Elvis Presley.

The pair was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1985 and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987.

An interesting fact: The songwriting duo’s last major hit production was "Stuck in the Middle with You" by Stealers Wheel.

Another interesting fact is, yes, Anita; you, most certainly, are all woman!