South By South West March 11th-20th

I am going to be a stage manager for SXSW for the second time. I will be at Red 7 come by and say hi. My event starts 16-19 of March.

To find out and listen to the bands that will be at my stage go to SXSW.com

A Lesbian bar is across the street Lipstick 24. It is around the corner from Red River off 7th.

There are always great day parties at SXSW too like High Times Magazine. You can go enjoy music staff edit: no mention of drug use - ztonk in front of LE. LE are only there for crowd control...

It will be fun especially if you like live Music. 92 Venues this year!
some cool bands playing the patio at red 7 this year. Okkervil River. The Head and The Heart.
SXSW start tomorrow! I will be going to the high times magazine party.
You seem like you would have insight on some good rock shows to catch. Got any under the radar band recommendations? Something along the lines of Honky, Broken Teeth, Turbo350, The (pre-breakup) Flametrick Subs?
What good bands are playing? I missed the Yuppie Pricks at the Fun Fun Fun fest a while back. I did see Madball at Red 7 a couple years ago, that was great.
I am friends with Broken Teeth My boy Dave from Lubbock is one guitar player in that band, But they are not playing during SXSW.. Duff McKagen band loaded will be at Austin Music hall on Thursday with Puddle of Mud and Blue October... Helmet and Crowbar will be at the Dirty Dog I think on Friday of next week.
Helmet playing the Dirty Dog? Shouldnt they be playing a bigger venue? Helmet has a very loud reputation, louder than Motorhead. how are you supposed to get drinks from the bar? Theyll knock all the bottles off the shelves.
Trombone Shorty's playing a freebie at ACL Live. Dont have the details but they're out there.
Ian Moore secret show tonight at the ghost room at 10pm.
SXSW start tomorrow! I will be going to the high times magazine party. Originally Posted by Wyldeman30
Did that party already happen?
Helmet playing the Dirty Dog? Shouldnt they be playing a bigger venue? Helmet has a very loud reputation, louder than Motorhead. how are you supposed to get drinks from the bar? Theyll knock all the bottles off the shelves. Originally Posted by Keith Stone
Down played the Dirty Dog. Helmet is not big in Austin. They for a year had Frank Bello from Anthrax playing bass....

sixx
Viki,

No it is at Emos on the last day the 20th.
Is it sold out yet?I so wanna go
They do not sell out they are a first come first serve with wrist bands and badges having priority. That is why it is good to be me...
Duff McKagen ex GNR bass player to speak at Austin Convention center at 2pm on Thursday....