Best all you can eat catfish in North Austin/Plfuggerville/Round Rock area?

Springhill seems to have gone hill the past couple of times to stopped...Any other ideas? It’s Lent so I’m sure there have to be some places.

Preferably a place that also has great Chicken Fried Steak as I dont subscribe to Lent.
It's not all you can eat, but Golden Chick has surprisingly good catfish. Decent fries, rolls to die for.

I've looked in vain for a good sitdown catfish place other than Springhill.

Mr. Catfish on Rundberg (Yes, hookerville) had good catfish. Then the food quality went to shit and it closed. There's still the original Mr. Catfish in deep East Austin, but I've never eaten there.

I was never that happy with Catfish Parlor. They often didn't fillet the fish properly and you ended up eating that nasty tasting grey streak that catfish have if you don't fillet it properly.
I think there's a catfish parlour in georgetown now. I dunno about all you can eat, then again it's been years since I've been to a catfish parlour.
Ended up going to 620 cafe and bakery in RR. Wife said the catfish was ok. My chicken fried steak was great.

In the past the all you can eat catfish at Manchaca Firehall Kitchen on FM 1626 West... way out in far south Austin was great. Just checked the web and the county closed it down in March of last year after the owner came up a bit short on tax revenue. What a shame. That guy founded the volunteer fire department, built their building at one time, paid for the stadium lighting at the little ball park I grew up watching siblings play baseball at etc.
  • Paven
  • 03-14-2011, 08:01 AM
It's not all you can eat but I had some very tasty catfish at the Quality Seafood Market on Airport Blvd.