I'll Make You Famous!

Just got word from a friend that I may be on TV documentary.

He told me a producer friend is looking for a conservative male from rural Texas to go to the middle east for a week. Austin is not rural Texas, but I grew up in LBK and there is no place more rural than that. LBK just arrested a terrorist from the middle east. He thought it would be fitting that a white male from LBK would be perfect for the show. So anyone know any good providers in the middle east???

It will pay 2k get to be on TV and all expenses paid first class all the way..

What do you think? Should I do it?

I think it would be fun and funny. I will speak my mind and I always have been willing to try new things. I know what a dust storm is like. I hope I can get steak over there.
congrats,, go for it... hopefully u have security?
It is supposed to be in a safe area, but how safe can a Texan honestly be in the middle east.
Definitely go.... Wear a lot of Bling and we'll talk t up back here about are "well to do " buddy visiting!
It would depend on the country/region.

You might want to be a little more cautious about people putting two and two together. I can't imagine there will be many documentaries about a man from Lubbock visiting Middle East in the next few years.
I may have to retire and create a new Identity....
Ascertaining the available security detail for a white male who "speaks my mind" in the Middle East would be my first concern. Also memorizing the rout from your hotel to the to the American embassy might be worthwhile.

ARC offers consultation and preparation for traveling overseas. Inform them what country you’re traveling to and they can arrange any appropriate inoculations and offer council.

Other than that a trip to the World Health Organizations website should help familiarize yourself with the disease rates etc.

You may also want to consider sending a PM to Dtorchia. Probably misspelled his handle but I think he is/was stationed in the area recently and can probably give you an idea of what to expect
Speaking my mind is just how I am, but I am not stupid either. I do know what to say and when to say it. As long as I do not get drunk I will not do or say anything that would get me injured...

It will be on a big cable channel so I am sure they will have all the details needed for travel over there.
So they arrest a middle eastern terrorist in Lubbock and the plan is to send an american from Lubbock to the middle east?

What if they ask you to visit a mosque wearing a heavy belt with wires hanging out of it?
Local Lubbock Man abducted by Terrorists while shooting Documentary

gets more headlines than

Local Lubbock Man Travels to the Middle East for a Documentary
So they arrest a middle eastern terrorist in Lubbock and the plan is to send an american from Lubbock to the middle east?

What if they ask you to visit a mosque wearing a heavy belt with wires hanging out of it? Originally Posted by saj1000

Whatever they ask you to do... Do It.....

Coming home the star of an Interational ble Show will get you lots of free puss....

They will surely have your back!
I think I will strap a bunch of road flares around my chest and start screaming Obama is a communist!
I think I will strap a bunch of road flares around my chest and start screaming Obama is a communist! Originally Posted by Wyldeman30
Do it! We will enjoy our break here in Austin... Go terrorize them for awhile. Maybe you will have so much fun that you will decide to stay.
I'm a documentary junky.
  • Booth
  • 03-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Is there an award for Poster Most Likely to Out Himself? I've never seen anyone more determined.