When I logout of Eccie I get a message:
"Eccie Message All cookies cleared!"

But when I look in my browser I still see cookies from eccie.net:
__utmb
__utmc
__utma
bb3sessionhash
__utmz

Why is the site telling me all cookies were cleared when they aren't?
When I logout of Eccie I get a message:
"Eccie Message All cookies cleared!"

But when I look in my browser I still see cookies from eccie.net:
__utmb
__utmc
__utma
bb3sessionhash
__utmz

Why is the site telling me all cookies were cleared when they aren't? Originally Posted by Thibodeaux
You didn't mention which browser you're using e.g. IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.

If you're using a PC, I recommend downloading CCleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner and using it to clear everything. It has user configurable settings to help you wipe everything out.

Also, I would recommend using Firefox, which is far more configurable, and much safer to use. You can use the "private browsing" or set it to not accept cookies if you're worried about them.

If you're using Safari I recommend you read this article http://www.afterdawn.com/news/articl..._latest_safari
Try this.
Using Mozilla/Firefox Or IE
Go to tools & select Private Browsing (using windows 7 will help)

Go to yippy.com ( it is a site that doesn't pass cookies back at you or your PC)
then cruise eccie of another site.

When done go back to tools & select stop private browsing.
(even during your session all your PC will see is multiple connctions to Yippy and nothing else.) I've been going through Yippy.com ( there are other sites that provide a similar cookie blocking trace back to your PC services) since I found it about a yr ago with no problems & no trails back to me.
Thanks for the tips guys - I do know how to clear cookies.

However when the site says it has cleared all cookies, and I look and they are obviously not cleared...then what does the "All Cookies Cleared" message actually mean? It's a little misleading.
In all likelihood it is referring to the cookies that may have been sent from the other linked sites that you have connected to. There is not 1 site with a large server farm.
They are multiple sites & servers & even other (non Eccie) sites that have links & try to attach cookies to you & to the requesting site.
IE 8 has safe brousing as well. Firefox and others dont really offer any advantage any more over IE 8 and soon IE 9
Chrome!
Chrome! Originally Posted by SillyGirl
If you beleive for one moment Google isn't tracking everything you do then I have an English Bridge in AZ to sell you. Just check some of the recent I-phone reports.