Yahoo accounts

First off I would like to say that I have had a Yahoo account for 10+ years. recently I decided to change the password due to recent hackings of large networks where my password was the same as certain comprimised systems.

Long story short. I can not remember what I changed it to. Since i have had the account for 10+ years I seem to have also fibbed on Key information in order for me to recover the lost password via the automated systems. Is anyone out there willing to contact me via PM and tell me how to get control of my own account back? Yes I have tried the phone numbers to yahoo (or at least one of them) and they asked me the same security questions as the web which I fail at.
you might be screwed, and if other networks you are on were compromised.. I would focus on them.. drop the yahoo account and get a new one
I've had a similar experience with yahoo... After a while I just abandoned yahoo. Gmail is free and has a messenger. That what I have now. Along with a twitter account.

I understand your attachment to yahoo... I had my account for over 10 years as well. It's an easy operating system... You've got tons of contacts and friends and saved info...
Tuff noogies... Yahoo doesn't care.... Sorry.
I'm sure you won't have to look far for someone to get your mind off of your lost yahoo account...
  • thx
  • 06-13-2011, 12:05 AM
lol, I had the same issue with Gmail. I had to abandon it. And, they never ever make those email addresses available anymore.

Do you have any alternate email addresses listed for your yahoo account? That may work.
Nope no alt linked e mail address. Guess I figured with all the providers saying my account was hacked that someone would know how to do it for me

Guess I am out of luck
Always write down your password on your monitor. Unless you have a black one, then use a sticky note!