Let's discuss guns for a quick second

Smith and Wesson and Colt make superior weapons, but this should be a fair fight.

Both sell hand cannons, but this is about the S and W model 29 (Dirty Harry weapon) and the Colt Anaconda. The Colt is a couple hundred bucks over the model 29, but that was for a stainless model vs. the black model 29. IMHO the Colt is a beautiful weapon while the model 29 is a brute. Both are .44 magnum.

Anybody a gun nut and have any thoughts?

Colt Anaconda is on top, while the bottom is a S and W model 629, a very close cousin to the 29.

Not mine, but somewhat similar.
Mine is "Vicky"
a 1911A1 45 ACP
Of course she wears the wide cartridge, which are a set of triplets.
Not mine, but somewhat similar.
Mine is "Vicky"
a 1911A1 45 ACP
Of course she wears the wide cartridge, which are a set of triplets. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter

That's a beautiful weapon. My 1911 looks just like it would be issued to one of our fighting men/women during WWII. Nothing fancy, just .45 worth of shooting all day long and pretty accurate.

One of my buddies has one of these and I love firing it at the range. 12 gauge with a magazine that holds 10 rounds. There is nothing as fun as firing off 10 rounds of 12 gauge as fast as you can pull a trigger. It kicks like a mule x 10, but like running a 9 second quarter mile in a street car, it leaves you with a huge grin.

Website shows a picture shows a 5 round magazine. https://gforcearms.com/firearms/semi...shotguns/gf00/

Picture on posting shows a 10 round magazine.

• Uomo
  • 12-06-2023, 08:23 PM
I'm not a gun enthusiast, but those are some sexy pewpews.

UC - I have no idea what "Of course she wears the wide cartridge, which are a set of triplets." means... but it just adds to the sexy.
Both of those weapons will fire when you want them to fire, and hit what you are able to aim at.

I like subdued lookng weapons that look good when carried. I don't necessarily want folks to notice. The stainless is always a bit much for me.

Smith and Wesson and Colt make superior weapons, but this should be a fair fight.

Both sell hand cannons, but this is about the S and W model 29 (Dirty Harry weapon) and the Colt Anaconda. The Colt is a couple hundred bucks over the model 29, but that was for a stainless model vs. the black model 29. IMHO the Colt is a beautiful weapon while the model 29 is a brute. Both are .44 magnum.

Anybody a gun nut and have any thoughts?

Colt Anaconda is on top, while the bottom is a S and W model 629, a very close cousin to the 29.

Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
the bottom S and W model 629, a very close cousin to the 29
Got that wrong. The 629 is stainless, as indicated by the leading 6.
I'm not a gun enthusiast, but those are some sexy pewpews.

UC - I have no idea what "Of course she wears the wide cartridge, which are a set of triplets." means... but it just adds to the sexy. Originally Posted by Uomo
Three clips.
Standard clip depending on model holds 7 or 8.
Springfield Armory has a 9 round clip.
A double stack, or extended clip can hold more.

In addition to the original clip, I have a three clips that I put 10 into. I could load 12, but that would beat up the springs.
^^^Magazine, not clip. Double stack is not the same as extended. And there’s no such thing as a double stack mag for a standard 1911 in .45ACP.
I have the extended clips, yes mags,
Ruger wheel guns....
  • Busty
  • 12-07-2023, 02:10 PM
Post 5 looks like mine.
38 smith/Wesson
4 inch barrel
Judge 3 inch barrel, 410 and 45 long colt. She's fun.
Post 5 looks like mine.
38 smith/Wesson
4 inch barrel Originally Posted by Busty
It pains me to see a firearm that neglected.
  • Busty
  • 12-07-2023, 10:08 PM
The humidity is a doozy, causes
rust, sorry
Nothing tops my Hy-Point!