Salsa dancing, N Dallas

Is there any Salsa dancing in the N Dallas area? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
I think Gloria's is Addison does.
as kaylee posted, gloria's in addison - SE corner of Belt Line and DNT.
Havana NRG plays fri and sat nites. fri nites are a bit better.
get there before 10pm and no cover charge.
it gets really packed, more so on sat nites.

note: they take ALL of the tables and chairs out of the place, so there's no place to sit.
sometimes there are open tables on the covered patio.
Note to self.....Go salsa dancing soon. :-)
Gloria's is my fav,it my spot;")
I think Gloria's is Addison does. Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick
as kaylee posted, gloria's in addison - SE corner of Belt Line and DNT.
Havana NRG plays fri and sat nites. fri nites are a bit better.
get there before 10pm and no cover charge.
it gets really packed, more so on sat nites.

note: they take ALL of the tables and chairs out of the place, so there's no place to sit.
sometimes there are open tables on the covered patio. Originally Posted by pmdelites
Thanks. Will have to check it out.

I know by saying N Dallas I am limiting myself, so what are some of the other clubs as well? Sometimes it's worth the drive.
Gloria's in Addison is pretty popular and well known for salsa dancing so I think you will do well there.
the last time i was at gloria's [< a month ago], the band less salsa and more merengue, bachata, reggaton, and other styles.
yep, it's latin music, and yep, you can move your hips [just dont bounce up and down - save that for cowgirl or other sexual fun :^)].
but, if you want "salsa pura", it's less than 50%.

however, havana nrg is a great band.
the last time i was at gloria's [< a month ago], the band less salsa and more merengue, bachata, reggaton, and other styles.
yep, it's latin music, and yep, you can move your hips [just dont bounce up and down - save that for cowgirl or other sexual fun :^)].
but, if you want "salsa pura", it's less than 50%.

however, havana nrg is a great band. Originally Posted by pmdelites
I agree. The good trained salsa dancers don't go to Gloria's. Gloria is so crowded and not many people really know how to dance properly. I once got stepped on by a 300 lbs woman wearing heels there (her full weight was on my foot) because she was drunk and 'dancing' around carelessly. Ouch…I thought I broke my foot! I haven't been back to Gloria's since.
samantha, over the years, my dates have suffered the same from drunk and/or amateurs :^(

where do you go salsa/latin dancing these days??
i keep an eye out for groups i've followed over the year: latin fire, latin breeze, etc.

heck, even brave combo has a few salsa, bolero, cumbia numbers in their playlist.
they will be at addison oktoberfest starting tonite at 630pm.
I think Gloria's is Addison does. Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick
Also, home to the best Mojito I've ever had - Yum!
I went to a Colombian spot the other night and they said they have salsa dancing on Sat night. They also play merengue. Casa Vieja on Josey and Beltline. Also, best Colombian food I have had since being in Medellin.
Shark bar on a Friday night is super fun! Went last week,Less amateur dancing,I love that they play bachata songs and not just salsa,I love going
Thanks all for the input!