Local Butchers

Which local butchers do you frequent?

Any that you drive aways to pick up your favorite cuts? Why? Meat quality, price, or service?

I like Tom Friday's, Cheplics and Thoma's over in Saxonburg. Weiss isn't bad.
Cheplics is the best
Cheplics is the best Originally Posted by bigguyt
I agree
I go to Fridays. He’ll pull out a whole side of Beef ribs, you can choose what ones you want. I usually get a three rib rack. Great for smoking Texas style. He also has big wings. His frozen veal cutlets are large and a good deal.
Friday's for sure. He gets his beef from a farm in Evans City. His prices are reasonable (better than giant eagle by a mile) and the quality is off the charts. Not surprisingly, he makes most of his money selling to restaurants; the store on the northside is just a nice thing he does for the community. His homemade "kielbossy" is top notch.

When he retires I hope someone takes over the business and keeps the quality the same.
I go to Cunningham Meats in Indiana, Pa. Great prices, great product
Damn you guys.... I looked at Cheplics and I'm missing out. Anyone here go to Bardine's out east near crabtree? I don't think they compare with what I'm seeing here. I have a friend who's a wholesaler for meat and seafood so I usually get my stuff from him, but some of these look really great.
I've not checked out Bardine's. What you're favorite thing to get there?
I hate going to McKeesport, but has anyone tried Lamperts?

Same for Joe's over in Pitcairn?