Validation: It Isn't Just For Parking, Is It?

Some recent threads and inner reflection gives me reason to bring up an observation.

We all look for and need validation. Some do it by starting a thread about how big their dick is, some by soliciting inclusion on a provider's "favorite client list," I do it by showing off the photos I've taken, we all do it in some way. But to seek validation for being the victim in a situation of he said vs she said is just a no win situation.

No one's reputation was ever improved by flaming, no matter how well written, or well deserved. A certain television station claims it, "knows drama," personal choice I guess, but I can't think of a single program on that station I've ever actually liked.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled programing of imaginary sexual adventure and theoretical debauchery.

Live, learn, go get laid.
Some recent threads and inner reflection gives me reason to bring up an observation.

We all look for and need validation. Some do it by starting a thread about how big their dick is, some by soliciting inclusion on a provider's "favorite client list," I do it by showing off the photos I've taken, we all do it in some way. But to seek validation for being the victim in a situation of he said vs she said is just a no win situation.

No one's reputation was ever improved by flaming, no matter how well written, or well deserved. A certain television station claims it, "knows drama," personal choice I guess, but I can't think of a single program on that station I've ever actually liked.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled programing of imaginary sexual adventure and theoretical debauchery.

Live, learn, go get laid. Originally Posted by Iaintliein
Plus 1. I would love too see some of those photos too.
[Hijack.]

A certain television station claims it, "knows drama," personal choice I guess, but I can't think of a single program on that station I've ever actually liked. Originally Posted by Iaintliein
I can think of several I've enjoyed. As well as programs on other stations, or movies, that would also fall within the classic definition of drama, for example:

any situation or series of events having vivid, emotional, conflicting, or striking interest or results: the drama of a murder trial.
There's nothing per se wrong with "drama" in that sense. "Good Drama" includes True Grit, Fargo, Pulp Fiction, The Godfather, It's a Wonderful Life, Schindler's List, Blade Runner, Twelve Angry Men, Anatomy of a Murder, To Kill a Mockingbird, All About Eve, etc., etc. (See also here.)

What we object to, and refer to here as "drama," is really "extremely poorly written, extremely poorly directed, and extremely poorly acted drama." It's more the equivalent of the collected works of Ed Wood. (Although that probably insults Mr. Wood.)

I can understand the impulse for an actor or actress to take any role, for the validation and/or the money. But starring in those kinds of horrible movies -- and participating in "ECCIE drama" here -- can kill a career/reputation.

[/hijack]

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
I think the drama of this site circles around the ability to receive criticism. Both of the the providers to do so, as well as the fans of the providers to let the criticism roll by. Either the critic gets PM's from providers, or posts from WK's. Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. But people who get all twisted over criticism are nothing but hemorrhoids.