Is it right for a provider or hobbyist to make a third party accusation?

There is an allegation in SA from a provider that a provider friend of hers was done wrong by a hobbyist. The alleged "victim" will not make the accusation herself but her friend feels the need to "alert" the world.

If a hobbyist made a third party accusation, I would be one to call him out on it. It to me, is irresponsible to make an accusation if you were not directly involved. You can blacklist this individual without even knowing if it ACTUALLY happened. This to me is wrong.

Here is the link to the threads....

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...86#post1116886

sixx
  • ztonk
  • 03-15-2011, 03:10 PM
It to me, is irresponsible to make an accusation if you were not directly involved. You can blacklist this individual without even knowing if it ACTUALLY happened. This to me is wrong. Originally Posted by sixxbach
Totally agree; this just sounds like common sense to me...

z
Great thread over there in mild-mannered SA. YOW!

The moon must have just passed into a new phase, because folks all over Central Texas seem to be mooning each other.

Maybe we ought to leave that one over there, broseph!

But ... having waded through that mierda, I'll agree that it is wrong. But the tone and content of that "discussion" doesn't seem worthy of a lot of bloodletting and rending of garments...especially over here. Of course if we're looking to provoke a similar discussion in Austin (our reputation for sweetness and light isn't what it used to be), then it looks like the first dung's been flung.
I am now coming to realize what it means to live in a city that is considered highly educated. As much as I bitch about the grammar and spelling around here, those threads made me want to gouge my eyes out with a sledge hammer.

and...yeah, it's a dumb accusation with a pretty transparent motive.
As much as I bitch about the grammar and spelling around here, those threads made me want to gouge my eyes out with a sledge hammer. Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor
Yeah, I've been admonished in the past for breaching that subject. I don't blame the city. I blame the times. (And the post...)
Good thread. I didn't read the link yet because I'm stuck on the topic and don't want to loose that.

I do think that "third party" accusations should be taken with a grain of salt. Especially, if the person making the accusation will not come forward to call it out.

HOWEVER, not too long ago, accusations about a small group of providers came out from a hobbiest. These were big allegations. The information had supposedly come from some ladies that were too afraid to speak and the main hobbiest refused to say who they were. These allegations were treated as fact and it caused a lot of issues. Infact, the group of ladies abandoned the idea altogether because of this.

So, just keep in mind the door swings both ways. It has happened before and will happen again. That's a sad fact. I have learned that the people who have been around awhile know this happens and just discard the accusation as if it never happened. I know I do.
Guys from the "educated" town north of SA who place a high store on grammar and spelling.

In a successful, tolerant multi-cultural hub (such as San Antonio), you learn that not everyone has English as a first language, and not everyone has been educated in a system with English as the first language.

And, you learn to accept the effects that learning grammar and spelling in another language may have on someone communicating in non-native English. Not judge a person's communication skills, or intelligence based upon their efforts to express themselves in English that may be a second (or third, or fourth) language.

I would suggest that that the garden variety grammatical expert from the "educated" city north of SA try this before pronouncing grammatical judgment upon others:

Join a BBS such as this one in say, Monterrey, MX (I can suggest one or two). Express yourself there in your best written Spanish. Then, ask a native Spanish speaker to rate your fluency.

If your Spanish is as perfectly proper as your queen's English as expressed in this thread, then feel free to judge away.
I can't speak for others Flinde but I was commenting on a generation that hasn't been taught their own language and is quickly losing the ability to communicate. That's the same in any language. I see it in Spanish speaking communities as well. No offense intended.

There are plenty of uneducated people here in Austin. Just scan our forums.
I agree completely that nobody should be bringing 2nd hand accusations to the board. And yes, the door swings both ways, shouldn't be done by either hobbyists or providers. Motives are always suspect in that instance, and should earn points at the least.
There is an allegation in SA from a provider that a provider friend of hers was done wrong by a hobbyist. The alleged "victim" will not make the accusation herself but her friend feels the need to "alert" the world.

If a hobbyist made a third party accusation, I would be one to call him out on it. It to me, is irresponsible to make an accusation if you were not directly involved. You can blacklist this individual without even knowing if it ACTUALLY happened. This to me is wrong.

Here is the link to the threads....

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...86#post1116886

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
hmmm... Interesting thread...

I think it depends on the nature of the accusation being made and the character of the individual as well as motivation behind bring the information forward.........

Much of our "news" reporting is based on 2nd hand information where the source is not always exposed and we trust in the person reporting.....

Our criminal investigation system often relies on "accusations" made by people not involved.

I haven't read the thread and honestly don't think it matters to answer the question....

I do believe that at times the need for information to be made public outweighs the need for it to come from the first party.

So i wouldn't say here that it is right or wrong but that each incident needs to be weighed on it's own merits.
I haven't read the thread and honestly don't think it matters to answer the question....

I do believe that at times the need for information to be made public outweighs the need for it to come from the first party.

So i wouldn't say here that it is right or wrong but that each incident needs to be weighed on it's own merits. Originally Posted by Whispers
So, "not for thee, but okay for me" is what you're saying... right...
Dude, either it's hearsay or it's not.
hmmm... Interesting thread...

I think it depends on the nature of the accusation being made and the character of the individual as well as motivation behind bring the information forward.........

So i wouldn't say here that it is right or wrong but that each incident needs to be weighed on it's own merits. Originally Posted by Whispers

I tend to agree with Whispers on this one.with one caveat...IT is also a "very slippery slope".I agree as long as the "EVIDENCE" is overwhelming and by doing so is not someones way to GRIND AN AXE...In the thread SIXX links too I,m not so sure that AXE GRINDING isnt the case here..But even if it is and her allegations are TRUE should they not brought forward..Regardless of the motives isnt personal Safety paramount to anything else here?....IF the allegations are True the the offender needs to be outed and Dealt with...on the same token if they are proven false then the OP making the allegations needs to be dealt with also...
Well Sixx I heard from someone who was talking to Sup at a bar that you like to cross dress so I know it must be true.
i believe that OUTRIGHT....

Well Sixx I heard from someone who was talking to Sup at a bar that you like to cross dress so I know it must be true. Originally Posted by Codybeast
Well Sixx I heard from someone who was talking to Sup at a bar that you like to cross dress so I know it must be true. Originally Posted by Codybeast

wow, i had no idea. i guess it is time for me to hang up my heels---there is no way i could compete with that.