What would the world be like if....?

We never invaded Iraq...

Thoughtful, reflective, objective and non partisan responses please.

bt...shut your whore mouth.
Probably a lot less widows and grieving parents.
Less?

Maybe.

Maybe not.
Think of my question this way...

If you went back in time and changed history on the invasion never happened...what kind of paradox would be created?

Who would be ruling Iraq?

Who would be our President?

Would we (USA) be safer?

Would there have been other wars?

Saddam had prostate cancer and would have died from it years ago and his sons would be running Iraq. What would the world be like if those 2 knuckleheads had that kind of power and money?

Would GWB have been relected?

Would John Kerry or someone else been elected?

Would Pete Rose be in the Hall of Fame?

Would bt not have gone crazy?

Come on guys...Use your imaginations!
3 out of 4 posts are yours .
And one of them is yours..

So what's your fucking point other than you're a stupid asshole?
I suspect Saddam might have already died by now and left the Country in the hands of his two wonderful, caring, thoughtful Sons.

So what's your fucking point other than you're a stupid asshole? Originally Posted by TheDaliLama

Dumb fuck can't even count and he asks questions.LMAO
Well, we wouldn't be so far in debt, there would be fewer grieving mothers, spouses and children, defense contractors would not be as rich, and we'd be as safe or safer as we are now.

It accomplished nothing.
Well, we wouldn't be so far in debt, there would be fewer grieving mothers, spouses and children, defense contractors would not be as rich, and we'd be as safe or safer as we are now.

It accomplished nothing. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
IB posted about 20/30 reasons for doing it, wish I had copied it

the world is a better place and the Kurds are alive and well

and I believe it started the middle east Arab Spring

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...he_Arab_Spring

WMD's shipped to Syeria
War mongering on a lie isn't partisan, it's profiteering.

So what's your fucking point other than you're a stupid asshole? Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
I like this post the best on this thread. Nothing else need be posted, lol.
IB posted about 20/30 reasons for doing it, wish I had copied it

the world is a better place and the Kurds are alive and well

and I believe it started the middle east Arab Spring

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...he_Arab_Spring

WMD's shipped to Syeria Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
What about the fact that the war was illegal? And predicated on lies? And benefited primarily defense contractors? That thousands of innocent civilians were killed, along with our best and bravest soldiers? And how is that "Arab Spring" working out? And how are we safer? Not to mention all the money we borrowed to wage the damn war.

In terms of American lives lost, innocent lives lost, and the deep debt we now face, what the hell did we actually win that was worth all that?
There is no way to know. It's Monday morning quarterbacking to say it was a terrible mistake and we would be better off if we had not gone to war with Iraq. The truth is we will never know. If we had left Hussein in power it could have led to a terrible outcome.

Imagine if we had gone to war with Germany several years before we did and had taken Hitler out. No doubt it would have been a bloody and expensive war. Some people would have called it a terrible mistake. It may well be that by taking down Hussein we prevented a far worse outcome.

History is filled with irony. We gave stinger missiles to the Mujahideen and they used them to defeat the Soviets which probably hastened the fall of the USSR. Then the Mujahideen gave sanctuary to al-Qaeda and they took down the World Trade Center.

Maybe it's a blessing. Maybe it's a curse. Time will tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbsx_vZTcNI
It was still a lie. Saddam had to go, but this was never about that.