Why a Tattoo?

I'm not looking to start the worn out debate re who does and does not like body art. I'm simply asking why? A friend of mine said she did it because her older sister had one and she wanted to "rebel" a tiny bit against the image everyone had of her (little bitty bunny rabbit where she'd have to drop her pants if you wanted to see it) as some prim and proper lady but not go crazy with something that might impact her professional career.

So....why?
We all have different reasons for getting tattoos..everyone of mine has significant meaning to me. I did it because I am grown, pay my own bills, it's my body and I wanted to.

Ahh...who am I trying to fool.. I am a total rebel!
Reese is a total rebel babe with sexy meaningful tattoos. Reese is also extremely yummy to every one of my 5 senses. I also love being under her. And here I am..... Woot! Woot!
noooooooo.......
Attached Images File Type: bmp beat.bmp (148.0 KB, 519 views)
Ummmmm because they can?
Taint is where its at.
We all have different reasons for getting tattoos..everyone of mine has significant meaning to me. I did it because I am grown, pay my own bills, it's my body and I wanted to.

Ahh...who am I trying to fool.. I am a total rebel! Originally Posted by Reese Foster
Pretty much says it all right there. All of mine, and my final one which I have yet to get, have a meaning behind them. It may not make sense to others but it makes sense to me (us) and that's all that matters or should matter.
It's different for everyone. Personal preference. It's like trying to understand why some people have dogs, and some people have cats. It's just personal preference
I prefer to ruin my body the traditional, old fashinon way with cold martinis, rare steak, baked potato, cheesecake and a damn fine bottle of Cab.
I prefer to ruin my body the traditional, old fashinon way with cold martinis, rare steak, baked potato, cheesecake and a damn fine bottle of Cab. Originally Posted by outoftheblue
That stuffs not good for you? Damn!
It's different for everyone. Personal preference. It's like trying to understand why some people have dogs, and some people have cats. It's just personal preference Originally Posted by tattman71
Well said!! Oh and fuck cats!! (They're practically rodents!!) Haha!!
Haha, that was hilarious
People just want to be different, just like everyone else.
Taint is where its at. Originally Posted by pyramider
Yikes. I don't even want to imagine the pain of getting a tattoo on your taint. Masochist much?
I got mine to cover the names of my past pimps, their names were Winnie the Pooh, tigger, piglet, ect. pretty much the whole pooh crew