Pay It Forward

Last weekend I was in the drive-through lane at a fast food place. I got to the window and the employee said the Lady in front of me paid for my food.

So, in the spirit, I loaded up four bags of left over mulch and delivered them to my son's house, to use in his flowerbeds.

Any similar stories?
I've done that a couple times myself.
Went through the toll one time and paid for 3 add-ons behind me. I know its not much. but these days no matter how much it is...people are shocked when someone does something nice.
I was up north about a month ago. When I checked out at a local store the cashier told me I qualified for a $5 gift card.
After receiving the card I gave it to the next person in line, told them to enjoy & explained we didn't have that store back home.
Ended up doing the exact same thing the next day.
When I travel and hit local stores, every time I receive coupons whether for food or gas, I always lay it out on the dresser of the hotels for the cleaning people so it can be used and not wasted.
I usually volunteer at a non-profit this time of year just to help out or donate clothes or toys.
I usually volunteer at a non-profit this time of year just to help out or donate clothes or toys. Originally Posted by Willow Breeze

You would never know the impact a BJ would have on one of them fellers in a shelter....

That would be the best support ever! Some of those guys have not smelled a clean woman in 10 years!

I am sure the job would only take 15 seconds... Tell them a shower first is your screening requirement!
Went through the toll one time and paid for 3 add-ons behind me. I know its not much. but these days no matter how much it is...people are shocked when someone does something nice. Originally Posted by Cyndi Lyn
You do know....the toll bitch just pocketed the cash and still charged the three fucks behind you right?.....but it's the thought that counts....
You paid it forward by giving your son some leftover shit?
Attaboy!!!
  • bbkid
  • 12-15-2014, 08:04 AM
I pay for people's order at the drive-thru all the time. I make the girl/guy ring it up so they can't pocket it.
  • RoxyG
  • 12-17-2014, 08:53 AM
My kiddo and I went to Outback for dinner on Halloween night after her candy collecting. After we were finished eating our dinner and dessert I asked the waitress for for the check, she said 'There is no bill this evening, it was taken care of by the couple that left a few minutes ago' ... pointing to the table across from us. I just wish we could have thanked them. So the next night me and my kiddo went out to eat again, this time to TGIF's, and I let her choose who's dinner we were paying for. She picked 2 tables, the first table was an elderly couple that looked like they were having date night, and the second table was a mother and her four kids.
I travel often and whenever I am in an airport in line to purchase food if I see any military in uniform I buy their food.

Semper Fi
I pay for people's order at the drive-thru all the time. I make the girl/guy ring it up so they can't pocket it. Originally Posted by bbkid
What kind of car do you drive?
Several years ago, I was eating at the Papppadeaux's inside Intercontinental Airport. There was a young lady sitting at the table next to me and I overheard her cell phone conversation telling someone she was flying to Atlanta to meet her husband, who was returning from Afghanistan.

She and I talked for about 15-20 minutes before I had to leave to catch my flight. When the waitress came by to give me my check, I asked that she include the young lady's check on my tab. As I was leaving, I gave the young lady my card and wished her and her husband safe travels. At the time, she was unaware that I had paid her food and bar tab.

Later that day, she and her husband sent me seperate emails thanking me for my generosity.
^^^

I have done that sort of thing twice...

Both times resulted in an email, or a text.

I am of the Gulf War age... Was there... And had similar experience at that time in my life... Made me feel good. To return the same, I get the same feeling.

EDIT.. I was in the Air Force... Not getting shot at.
Roxy the queen and i do that a lot - last time was at Jimmy Changas - our waitress started crying - wasn't expecting that..
I do that all the time, usually to guys in uniform. Find someone in line at a subway's or similar fast food joint. A lot of times, young couples out on dates. Its a good feeling. Also volunteer at Habitat for Humanity. Good causes, thus year I'm thinking about doing something for the Wounded Warrior Project. $250 a year? Cheaper than pussy and touches a lot more lives.