my grandmother passed.....

My grandma passed away yesterday, at the fairly young age of 93, after a short battle with lung cancer.

I loved her so much. She was so cool. She had a dozen glazed donuts waiting for us every time we showed up, and the first thing we did was sit at her breakfast bar and eat as many as we wanted. She'd make sure we got some sort of cool toy every Christmas. She'd insist on kissing us on the lips, and I always hated it. She baby talked me, even into my mid 20's, and would playfully do it to my dad as well. I remember the one time, talking to her on the phone she told me, about Alan Jackson, "I'd let him eat crackers in my bed anytime."

She was a tough lady. Lived through a lot of bad things. When I was in fifth grade, she had a massive heart attack ..That couldn't slow her down. She was diagnosed with lung cancer right after Thanksgiving, and just was not strong enough to fight. Yesterday morning, she had a stroke and a heart attack and went unresponsive. In total, it took four heart attacks, a stroke, pneumonia, lung cancer, and a final reassurance that it was okay, in order for her to give in.

So much I could say about her, but I don't want to ramble. Writing this is a bit cathartic, though. So, tonight around midnight, I begin my journey back to Houston to pay my respects.

Thanks.
Nice story q.

Adding you and her to my prayer list.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I know this pain well. I'm so sorry.
Every thing in this world is only temporary. All things living must someday die. You have many fond memories of someone you loved dearly. Hold on to them and cherish the time you had together. The loss you have is permanent, the pain you're experiencing will fade. Be strong for those around you, but not so strong as to hide your grief.
Memories are the best thing
in life.
Bummer. But she did make it to 93. She put a big dent on life
Peace. Life is a journy. Cherish all you meet along the way. May she rest in peace.
Sorry for your loss man.

Cherish the memories most definitely!
I am sorry to hear of your loss...They don't make em like our grandparents anymore. Resilient, tough, kind and loving all rolled into one.

Your grandmother lived a long life, saw many things, and hopefully shared her wisdom of her age with you to shape you into the person you are now.

Do not think she is gone, rather she still guides you in life as you look at the world and instead of using just your own logic, you have the benefit of knowing how she would think and you apply that to life.

Honor her memory always
Her journey has only just begun.
But you felt compelled to post a personal matter on a hooker board full on strangers huh? Smfh...
My grandma passed away yesterday, at the fairly young age of 93, after a short battle with lung cancer.

I loved her so much. She was so cool. She had a dozen glazed donuts waiting for us every time we showed up, and the first thing we did was sit at her breakfast bar and eat as many as we wanted. She'd make sure we got some sort of cool toy every Christmas. She'd insist on kissing us on the lips, and I always hated it. She baby talked me, even into my mid 20's, and would playfully do it to my dad as well. I remember the one time, talking to her on the phone she told me, about Alan Jackson, "I'd let him eat crackers in my bed anytime."

She was a tough lady. Lived through a lot of bad things. When I was in fifth grade, she had a massive heart attack ..That couldn't slow her down. She was diagnosed with lung cancer right after Thanksgiving, and just was not strong enough to fight. Yesterday morning, she had a stroke and a heart attack and went unresponsive. In total, it took four heart attacks, a stroke, pneumonia, lung cancer, and a final reassurance that it was okay, in order for her to give in.

So much I could say about her, but I don't want to ramble. Writing this is a bit cathartic, though. So, tonight around midnight, I begin my journey back to Houston to pay my respects.

Thanks. Originally Posted by quickie
But you felt compelled to post a personal matter on a hooker board full on strangers huh? Smfh... Originally Posted by oilman12
Go ahead and shake your mf'ing head all you mf'ing want to.

I shouldn't have to dumb it down to you how different people handle death in different manners. I'm thinking that the guy just wants a little bit of emotional support, even from a hooker/john board. Are all hookers/johns so inherently evil that we can't give emotional support to one who is suffering by a loss of a loved one?
I would posit that the person who needs emotional support from strangers, regardless of their chosen profession, is the one who is the next closest to the grave...
I'm so sorry for your loss.