Government Jobs - Smart Career Choice

I'm thinking the people with government jobs made a smart career choice. Keep getting paid during the pandemic and with lavish benefits, and you get to boss people around!

As long as your boss likes you, you probably don't have to work too hard.

If the boss doesn't like you, you probably just get transferred to another job - not too many people get fired, I hear.
job security, excellent benefits, good federal employee pay and an exceptional retirement system are just a few of the benefits of working for the federal government

think of their sick leave- they certainly do

All full time employees receive ten paid holidays 13 days of vacation for the first three years service, 20 days of vacation with three to 15 years of service, and 26 days after 15 years.

Additionally, 13 sick days are accrued each year regardless of length of service and employees can carry over any sick leave accumulation to the next year. Many federal employees accrue sick leave balances of a year or more during their career.

with ten holidays and 26 days of vacation each year that represents 288 hours (8 times 36), and theres 2,080 hours in a normal work year (40x52), so subtracting the two 2,080 minus 288, you can get a full years pay upon retirement with accrued sick leave of 1,792 hours, for which it takes a bit over 17 years to accumulate with no sick leave taken

you can trade it in for an increased retirement pay or get a big check

I have frequently commented in here that you cant get ahold of many federal workers to help you because they are back at their desk updating their individual sick leave ledgers
I have a friend in his 50s who started working for the fed govt a couple of years ago. He's got a college degree and a couple of DUIs. He complains that his coworkers are never to be found except in some secret corner sleeping. His bosses don't care as long as he does their work.

A couple of coworkers who were laid off for "poor performance" landed in the City of Houston payrolls. They love it! Better pay, and Bennies and you don't have to work 30 years to only make 50% of a pension. Plus they came in "technologically advanced" they look like geniuses.

When this whole Wuhan Flu is over and the bill comes due, I see a lot of state and local govts struggling.
Shitty salary unless you’re way up the food chain.
i don't know how long it takes to move up in the gs system but several i know make over $150,000 per year plus the benefits
i don't know how long it takes to move up in the gs system but several i know make over $150,000 per year plus the benefits Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Then they retire with 80% of that!
Not sure, but I do some work for CJIS and all those people do is bitch about not getting paid enough.
Not sure, but I do some work for CJIS and all those people do is bitch about not getting paid enough. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Some people complain no matter what.

I hear Yssup Rider complains when someone puts too big of a dick in his ass, and then later complains when someone else has too small of a dick.

I hear Lucas McCain complains when he is sucking on a cock that is too big for his mouth - and he has a big mouth. (WTF told me all this via instant message)
I have a friend in his 50s who started working for the fed govt a couple of years ago. He's got a college degree and a couple of DUIs. He complains that his coworkers are never to be found except in some secret corner sleeping. His bosses don't care as long as he does their work.

When this whole Wuhan Flu is over and the bill comes due, I see a lot of state and local govts struggling. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Yeah, I have an Aunt who doesn't even work more than 40 hours a week working for the government. She has 4 houses and keeps trying to get me to go to the dark side. She makes about $450K a year for doing nothing. She laughs that everyone is on the elevator every afternoon to leave work by 4:15. She's a physician and head of the department so she does what she wants because she is the boss and just doesn't give a fuck at this dwindling stage in her career. She is about to retire though. I think she has had enough of stealing money to do nothing.

She has her pension, 401K and SSI. I ask her why she is still even working because I know she is worth millions because I do her taxes for her. She just tells me that it is so easy that it doesn't even feel like work and it's just like hanging out for 7 hours a day to do nothing... that's government workers for you.
Some people complain no matter what.

I hear Yssup Rider complains when someone puts too big of a dick in his ass, and then later complains when someone else has too small of a dick.

I hear Lucas McCain complains when he is sucking on a cock that is too big for his mouth - and he has a big mouth. (WTF told me all this via instant message) Originally Posted by friendly fred
Now that's funny!

Too bad Luke has both of us on ignore. Maybe someone can quote/bump your post so Luke can enjoy it too!
Now that's funny!

Too bad Luke has both of us on ignore. Maybe someone can quote/bump your post so Luke can enjoy it too! Originally Posted by lustylad
That sounds like a good idea!
Now that's funny!

Too bad Luke has both of us on ignore. Maybe someone can quote/bump your post so Luke can enjoy it too! Originally Posted by lustylad
I was wondering why that went seemingly unnoticed!

Then they retire with 80% of that! Originally Posted by friendly fred
I have seen some Postal Service retirement that boggles my mind, and from people who haven't reached "normal" retirement age. and they want a bailout??