Why so few providers accept bitcoin?

It seems like in this industry Bitcoin and Dash would be the primary forms of payment. Considering, dash is an equivalent of cash on the internet and cannot be traced back more people would be using it. I'd probably schedule more arrangements if more providers accept bitcoin or dash. Ladies would you consider accepting crypto as payment?
Cash Is King .. that's why
The problem is that the learning curve is steep. Bitcoin transactions are slow, expensive and traceable. Google "silk road wired". Monero and xvg are my favorite private coins. And the volatility is crazy. Someone is going to lose money on the transaction during the transaction. Even the "stable" coins like XRP lost 70% value in a week this year.
The problem is that the learning curve is steep. Bitcoin transactions are slow, expensive and traceable. Google "silk road wired". Monero and xvg are my favorite private coins. And the volatility is crazy. Someone is going to lose money on the transaction during the transaction. Even the "stable" coins like XRP lost 70% value in a week this year. Originally Posted by hangryhip
A provider can cash out within an hour, volatility is not much of a concern.

I assume a number of providers avoid crypto, because 1) it's harder to avoid taxes when they convert the money to cash. Understandable, as paying taxes can be painful. 2) it can take a few days for the cash to arrive in the bank account. The bank account itself can be a stumbling block as it may be difficult for some to obtain one.

As far as difficulty its about the same as paypal (but impossible for the client to charge back). But this profession has a pretty low bar to entry, and i would expect a good number providers wouldnt be able to figure out how to use bitcoin or paypal.

I have a decent list of excellent providers that accept bitcoin if you want.
Actually bitcoin is pretty simple. Took me just a couple of times to use it. But go through coinbase to do it
A provider can cash out within an hour, volatility is not much of a concern.

I assume a number of providers avoid crypto, because 1) it's harder to avoid taxes when they convert the money to cash. Understandable, as paying taxes can be painful. 2) it can take a few days for the cash to arrive in the bank account. The bank account itself can be a stumbling block as it may be difficult for some to obtain one.

As far as difficulty its about the same as paypal (but impossible for the client to charge back). But this profession has a pretty low bar to entry, and i would expect a good number providers wouldnt be able to figure out how to use bitcoin or paypal.

I have a decent list of excellent providers that accept bitcoin if you want. Originally Posted by randell

Bitcoin has a very expensive transaction fee compared to what is out there. There are plenty of online retailers that accept cryptocurrencies too. It's not hard to use but it is very easy to fuck up and lose your money or get scammed and lose your money.

When you start throwing around words like ( public key, private key, hardware wallet, paper wallet, online wallet, 2FA, transaction fees, POS, POW, satoshis, TX, forks, GAS, mining,..). It's a lot to take in. It's easy to screw up, it's unregulated and there is no way to recover your money if you lose a private key or type in the wrong address, or aren't aware of the latest hack. And I will take you up on that offer of providers that take BTC! Thanks

This is a good read on bitcoin .. You can trace money back to anyone https://www.wired.com/2015/04/silk-road-1/
No use for them anymore. Cash is always best. I am thinking about using the cash app but unless your donating a whole bitcon. That I KNOW EXACTLY what to do with if you are lol... Its not worth it. I personally havent logged into my paxful account in geez... Idk and I have had it 4yrs. Most ladies dont know how to trade ect..the logistics of using bitcoin for more than paying advertisement. It becomes more of a hassle for a process that is so simple when dealing with cash.
Bitcoin has a very expensive transaction fee compared to what is out there. There are plenty of online retailers that accept cryptocurrencies too. It's not hard to use but it is very easy to fuck up and lose your money or get scammed and lose your money.

When you start throwing around words like ( public key, private key, hardware wallet, paper wallet, online wallet, 2FA, transaction fees, POS, POW, satoshis, TX, forks, GAS, mining,..). It's a lot to take in. It's easy to screw up, it's unregulated and there is no way to recover your money if you lose a private key or type in the wrong address, or aren't aware of the latest hack. And I will take you up on that offer of providers that take BTC! Thanks

This is a good read on bitcoin .. You can trace money back to anyone https://www.wired.com/2015/04/silk-road-1/ Originally Posted by hangryhip
Its about 30 cents to send from one address to another, which is fairly cheap compared to credit cards.

As far as the complexity, i agree its somewhat complex to understand how it works but just to use accept it using coinbase is pretty comparable to paypal/venmo.

I did get hacked for about 60ish btc in december, but it wasnt somewhere safe like coinbase. But definately understand there are risks.

*i'll pm you my list, happy huntimg
BTC isn't that anonymous. Stick to tried and true cash.
BTC isn't that anonymous. Stick to tried and true cash. Originally Posted by SundarP
Yes. SOMEWHERE along the way, there's going to be a traceable transaction, unless the lady receives crypto and immediately uses it to pay for something else (who knows, maybe her landlord accepts bitcoin for rent?). But most of the time, she'll want to convert it to US money, and when that happens, there WILL be some activity that may be backtracked. At the very least, that activity is a possible IRS audit in the making.

It also takes alot less time and effort to count a handful of banknotes than it does to handle the electronic transfers and subsequently convert the crypto into something spendable for daily needs.

To the OP, why not just go to a bank or atm and withdraw currency? So far, government is not tracking which bank customers withdraw given serial numbered banknotes. Not yet anyways.
Bitcoins are hard to chew.
Seems like years ago, I started a few topics on bitcoin back when it was new and few had heard of it unless they were familiar with the dark web.

But the process of trying to get into the whole bitcoin game seemed iffy to me if one cannot afford to lose the funds deposited.

And back when, a lot of people lost money trying to use bitcoin. Plus, although one can "cash it out" or whatever, what's wrong with just paying cash?

When a potential new client starts writing me and trying to pay me with anything, and I mean anything (paypal, venmo, etc.), other than cash, it raises red flags to me.

Just pay for the experience in cash. If I know the person, don't mind using a credit card processing system but heck, as someone mentioned above, Cash is King the the demimonde has always functioned on a cash basis.

Bitcoin is a pain in the butt. Just wish that I had invested a $1000+ bucks in it back when. ha
Seems like years ago, I started a few topics on bitcoin back when it was new and few had heard of it unless they were familiar with the dark web.

But the process of trying to get into the whole bitcoin game seemed iffy to me if one cannot afford to lose the funds deposited.

And back when, a lot of people lost money trying to use bitcoin. Plus, although one can "cash it out" or whatever, what's wrong with just paying cash?

When a potential new client starts writing me and trying to pay me with anything, and I mean anything (paypal, venmo, etc.), other than cash, it raises red flags to me.

Just pay for the experience in cash. If I know the person, don't mind using a credit card processing system but heck, as someone mentioned above, Cash is King the the demimonde has always functioned on a cash basis.

Bitcoin is a pain in the butt. Just wish that I had invested a $1000+ bucks in it back when. ha Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Why not offer a inconvenience fee for cryptos?

Bitcoin is a pain in the butt. Just wish that I had invested a $1000+ bucks in it back when. ha Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Had you invested in BTC, some Russian hacker would have stolen it by now, anyway. Then, you would have seen how worthless the blockchain is, since almost none of the thefts ever actually gets traced.
  • Crock
  • 07-24-2018, 12:46 PM
I did get hacked for about 60ish btc in december, but it wasnt somewhere safe like coinbase. But definately understand there are risks. Originally Posted by randell
Damn, that's over a million bucks back then!

I'd like your list of BTC-friendly ladies, too, please.