Italian Restaurant

For you Dallas folks, curious on your thoughts for best Italian restaurants in Dallas/North Dallas. And please don't tell me Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill. I am a northeast Italian and those are NOT good restaurants IMO. Travel here monthly for work and looking for a good place, preferably with a bar/lounge since I usually dine alone and don't like sitting at a table by myself....any thoughts are appreciated, Grazie!!

Campisi's

Downtown, Mockingbird, Lover's Lane, Lovefield, Coit & Campbell
Plano, Frisco, Rockwall

Est. 1946. Family owned & operated. 8 Dallas locations.

Cappriccio Ristorante

5301 Alpha Rd, 75240
Galleria Mall & Tollway

A little pricey but decent.

Sweet Basil

17610 Midway Rd, 75287
@ Trinity Mills

Hole in the wall & yummy!

Maggiano's

6001 W. Park Blvd, 75093
Willow Bend Mall & Tollway

I hear good things but haven't been ... yet.

Taverna by Lombardi

3210 Armstrong Ave, 75205
@ Knox & Central/75

The menu looks tempting!

Enjoy!

Pietros on Lower Greenville...I don't recall a bar/lounge there...but the food is excellent. A small family owned place that has been there for years.
If you are Northern Italian, then none of the previously mentioned restaurants (with the possible exception of Taverna) are likely to make you happy. Truth is that Dallas really doesn't have any good northern Italian restaurants. But, if you find one, let me know.
If you are Northern Italian, then none of the previously mentioned restaurants (with the possible exception of Taverna) are likely to make you happy. Truth is that Dallas really doesn't have any good northern Italian restaurants. But, if you find one, let me know. Originally Posted by bolivarcorona
Amen! Being Italian, and from the Northeast, nothing here compares to the abundant great, family owned joints back East.
  • Oppa
  • 02-16-2012, 08:11 AM
One of the better in the area is La Piazza but it's in Fort Worth.
New place opened a few months ago and become a favorite is Princi Italia at Preston Royal. Great food, outstanding service and Northern California atmosphere. www.princiitalia.com
New place opened a few months ago and become a favorite is Princi Italia at Preston Royal. Great food, outstanding service and Northern California atmosphere. www.princiitalia.com Originally Posted by Sierra977
Ill have to check that out
Ill have to check that out Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar

Let me know when you're ready, I'm always up for some good italian ..
Jules, we could make that happen. Txt inbound.
Thanks so far for the info. I am Italian from the northeast....Boston.....not Northern Italy. But any good Italian works for me. I agree with you Tony, can't beat the mom & pops. And thanks Shea for the choices, maybe we can dine some evening
My vote goes to Carrabas!
Most of the mom and pop "Italian" places around Ft Worth are actually run by eastern Europeans.

Oppa I'm going to give La Piazza a try.
  • PT4ME
  • 02-17-2012, 07:56 AM
I am from the Northeast also (NYC) and the closest Italian I have found to "NY Italian" since I have been here is "Sicily's". It is located on 380 in McKinney, (still Northeast). They have a sister store in Frisco, "Luigi's". Food is great! Not a fancy place at all, but the food is great.

http://www.sicilyspizzamckinney.com/about.html

-Pt-
  • Oppa
  • 02-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Oppa I'm going to give La Piazza a try.
Please let me know how it turns out....I haven't been there in years so I wonder how it's held up.

Back when I lived/worked in FW, I used to entertain clients there quite a bit.

A couple of caveats: The owner is a bit stuck up, and they have a dress code (no jeans, jacket required). Despite those things, it's a great dining experience.