The NHL who will win

The Stanley cup the Blackhawks vs the bruins I want the bruins to win
Yes, I am rooting for the Bruins. One of the woman I flirt with is from Boston, so anything I can do for an in. It would also good for city, given the marathon event. I also like they way the play, very focused on the game.
I lived in Boston when Bobby Orr broke into the scene. Go Bruins!
My prediction: I think the team that scores the most goals will win the Stanley Cup.
  • Doove
  • 06-09-2013, 08:24 AM
My prediction: I think the team that scores the most goals will win the Stanley Cup. Originally Posted by The Drummer
I wouldn't bet against that, but it's not necessarily a given.
Theoretically, the winner of the Stanley cup can easily lose to the other team in total goals.

For example:

1-0
0-10
1-0
0-10
1-0
0-10
1-0

The team loses in total goals by 4-30 and wins the Stanley Cup.
Yes sir, nothing like hockey in June!
The NHL, marketing geniuses.
Have to go with the Buffalo native, Patrick Kane of the Hawks. After all, this is the only way we get to see the Stanley Cup in Buffalo.
I placed my bet on Blackhawks for my yearly coffee bet. The Blackhawks win puts me even in my yearly hockey playoff coffee bets, where I was behind most of. We left the bar before the end of the game last night. He went for a snack, I was on call and just got called, bar wanted to close for the night anyways. dang she hot in a office work outfit.

anyways.

I told him if Chicago wins tonight or in a 7th I wanted to stick with them. If Kings won in the long run his turn to pick for the cup. Its both of are's home bar, but as he goes more, I have to give him home bar advantage.

Go Blackhawks

as that will make me even over many years. Been behind starting from the year Buffalo Sabers lost to Dallas Stars in a game Buffalo needed to win to tie forcing a 7th game. errrrr I still say that last goal call was a bad call dam it. Buddy agreed with me as he sipped the coffee I just paid for. Bar use to let us stay for the end of a hockey game. A few late late night back in 1999.
Going with the Blackhawks
I wouldn't bet against that, but it's not necessarily a given. Originally Posted by Doove
Theoretically, the winner of the Stanley cup can easily lose to the other team in total goals.

For example:

1-0
0-10
1-0
0-10
1-0
0-10
1-0

The team loses in total goals by 4-30 and wins the Stanley Cup. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Very true, Jack and Doove.

That happened somehow in the World Series years ago (late '50s early '60s?) with the Pirates and Yankees, I believe. The Yankees outscored them terribly, but the Pirates went on to win the Series.

I was making a joke about the Cup without thinking and was called out by our resident Board statisticians!!!

After all, as I've said before; I do lay claim to being the world's "smartest idiot".
Going with the Blackhawks Originally Posted by NYhorndog
Not ta jinx ya. But so far this play off my coffee bets with a buddy. No one has won. I keep getting suck with Chicago.

last round I picked penguins, he picked kings. just sayin LOL
Hopefully Chicago wins. Hate the Bruins.
kind of a lost season unfortunately
I like Chicago, and I'll cheer anyone who is playing against Boston. Go Blackhawks.