Day Jobs

As someone who is new to this, I wonder how many - or if any - providers have "normal" jobs in addition to providing. Just curious
I am actually starting a "normal" job the first of the month
I am actually starting a "normal" job the first of the month Originally Posted by Maci Lynn
Congrats! Are you still going to provide as well? I hope so
I have a very normal job. This thing of ours here is like a "bonus" personal sex life. I am an otherwise upstanding, tax paying citizen.
Im starting to focus more on my own "normal" business. But will still be seeing people.
  • Haley
  • 08-29-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm a full time time student, in addition to providing slave labor (interning) at a consulting firm.
I'm a student also. I quit my "normal" job when I started doing this. I'm starting to regret it a bit. I'm WAY lazier than I used to be when I actually had to get up at a decent hour. But, on the plus side, the car is paid off and so are the student loans.
I'm a student also. I quit my "normal" job when I started doing this. I'm starting to regret it a bit. I'm WAY lazier than I used to be when I actually had to get up at a decent hour. But, on the plus side, the car is paid off and so are the student loans. Originally Posted by Shayla

that is very honest of you to say,, I can see how making 'easier' money can lead to being unproductive.
that is very honest of you to say,, I can see how making 'easier' money can lead to being unproductive. Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY
While I agree with the general sentiment of what he said, I would change "easier money" to "fast money".

This hobby comes with risks and burdens, and "easy" can be very subject to interpretation.

Semantics aside, the spirit of what he says stands.

Those of you who are still providing ought to consider seeking the advice of those who have been in this business, and have successfully developed a way out.

While the student loan and the car may be paid for the time being, I'm not convinced that anyone here aspires to wake up middle aged, with little to no worldly skills (or motivation), and no backup plans.

As harsh as it may sound, that's just about check mate. Stick a fork in it - you're past well done.

So use the fast money and the free time to get ahead - more power to ya'. But don't let the fast money rob you of your motivation.

Best wishes to all. And I mean that.

Wow, I sound like I just got out of a 12-step AA program. I had best stop before I am forced to lie it the hole that I seem to be digging.
No job, yet, but school!!
that is very honest of you to say,, I can see how making 'easier' money can lead to being unproductive. Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY
Definitely! There's no real accountability either and a little to no sense of entitlement. Despite the lack of money working a real job, it always kept me really busy and the praise actually meant something.
I'm not implying that I don't enjoy doing this but the credibility is significantly less.
@Ava: that is very hot

@Brittany: glad to hear it!

@Haley: lol! If the people at the consulting firm only knew!

@Shayla, I'm betting that you could make a lot of money very quickly
Full time single mommy if that counts...plus getting ready to go back to school and in process of looking for a part time job to fit somewhere in my day....
Full time mom definately counts as a job!
I'm about to start grad school! Super excited
That's why I love this job, because I make my own hours and make good money.