Well, there goes MY bracket!

• yeesh
  • 03-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Way to go, Kansas!
Way to go, Kansas! Originally Posted by yeesh

Well you ain't the only one Yeesh. To give that kid an open 3 point look towards the end just sucked.
Well you ain't the only one Yeesh. To give that kid an open 3 point look towards the end just sucked. Originally Posted by OneHotMale
It's not like Kansas gave him the shot. Fast break and Kansas players went to guard the basket. I give Ali all the credit in the world for taking a shot with 37 seconds left on the shot clock. Could have run the shot clock down to 7 seconds. I'm sure the UNI coach was yelling "No, no, no. Nice shot."

Syracuse, my team, has looked about the best of all the teams not named Kentucky. Even without their starting center.
It's not like Kansas gave him the shot. Fast break and Kansas players went to guard the basket. I give Ali all the credit in the world for taking a shot with 37 seconds left on the shot clock. Could have run the shot clock down to 7 seconds. I'm sure the UNI coach was yelling "No, no, no. Nice shot."

Syracuse, my team, has looked about the best of all the teams not named Kentucky. Even without their starting center. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

Not sure what game you were watching but yeah they did not even contest his shot. As far as Syracuse is concerned I have a feeling that they have the hardest road to the final four as I think Butler will give them a good game and if Kansas State wins and Syracuse wins then I have an idea K-State may just win this game.
So based on tonights results,it looks like it is going to be an interesting sweet-16. The game to keep an eye on is he Northern Iowa who beat Kansas and Mich St who beat Maryland Terps game.
Not sure what game you were watching but yeah they did not even contest his shot. As far as Syracuse is concerned I have a feeling that they have the hardest road to the final four as I think Butler will give them a good game and if Kansas State wins and Syracuse wins then I have an idea K-State may just win this game. Originally Posted by OneHotMale
It was a break out by UNI and the first goal is to protect the basket. You have a UNI fast guard and a Kansas big man who could come out to defend him. Total mismatch. Ali would have gone right around him or been fouled. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I think Syracuse will beat Butler. They are 7 point favorites right now. If both teams play equally well, Syracuse wins. If Syracuse plays poorly, like they have at times this season and won, or Butler hits their 3-pointers, Butler can win. Syracuse-KSU could be a great game. Syracuse is a much more well-rounded team, but the KSU guards are awesome, especially Pullen. If Onuaku is back, Syracuse will have a decided advantage inside. If the refs call the game tightly, Pullen will not get away with his pushing and holding on defense and will quickly get into foul trouble.
So based on tonights results,it looks like it is going to be an interesting sweet-16. The game to keep an eye on is he Northern Iowa who beat Kansas and Mich St who beat Maryland Terps game. Originally Posted by EroticEmily
Uh Oh. A really nice looking provider who likes basketball and actually knows the teams. I'm getting the feeling that if she calls those two games accurately, I may ask her to marry me. Or at least ask her for a... what do we call these? A date. Yea, that's it.
Holy cow, I really need to pay attention to some news source....I didn't realize the NCAA tourney was on already. That explains why there's college basketball on my fav channels, everywhere =))
It was a break out by UNI and the first goal is to protect the basket. You have a UNI fast guard and a Kansas big man who could come out to defend him. Total mismatch. Ali would have gone right around him or been fouled. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I think Syracuse will beat Butler. They are 7 point favorites right now. If both teams play equally well, Syracuse wins. If Syracuse plays poorly, like they have at times this season and won, or Butler hits their 3-pointers, Butler can win. Syracuse-KSU could be a great game. Syracuse is a much more well-rounded team, but the KSU guards are awesome, especially Pullen. If Onuaku is back, Syracuse will have a decided advantage inside. If the refs call the game tightly, Pullen will not get away with his pushing and holding on defense and will quickly get into foul trouble. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

Well Speed Racer it looks as though my thoughts were pretty spot on as another #1 just went down.
Well Speed Racer it looks as though my thoughts were pretty spot on as another #1 just went down. Originally Posted by OneHotMale
As I said, if Syracuse played poorly Butler could win. Syracuse outshot Butler from the field. Held Butler to 25% 3-poiint shooting. Outrebounded them by 10. But 18 turnovers to 7 for Butler. The rule is each turnover costs the team a point, so Butler won that battle by 11 points and that was the game.
As I said, if Syracuse played poorly Butler could win. Syracuse outshot Butler from the field. Held Butler to 25% 3-poiint shooting. Outrebounded them by 10. But 18 turnovers to 7 for Butler. The rule is each turnover costs the team a point, so Butler won that battle by 11 points and that was the game. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

The bottom line is that Butler turned up the defensive pressure on Syracuse as I thought they would and Syracuse turned over the ball because of this. Make all of the statements about who out shot who and such but the bottom line is that Butler moves on to face K-State.
If Baylor makes the Final Four... the world will end... Pains me to say it but, Go Duke!?!?!

Onceler
...beware the bear...
The bottom line is that Butler turned up the defensive pressure on Syracuse as I thought they would and Syracuse turned over the ball because of this. Make all of the statements about who out shot who and such but the bottom line is that Butler moves on to face K-State. Originally Posted by OneHotMale
I disagree to a certain extent. Syracuse turned the ball over an average of 15 times a game during the whole season and 18 times against Butler, so Butler did just a little bit better having the Cuse turn over the ball than other teams. Butler won more because they only had 7 turnovers. Syracuse usually forces many more turnovers by their opponents. Butler held onto the ball and got off more shots, so even by hitting a lower percentage of their shots they were able to win.

The only statement I don't disagree with is that Butler is moving on and Syracuse is back in Syracuse. Butler was the better team for 75% of the game.