why care about actors ?

Why is so much attention paid to people that get on the tv or movie screen ? They are just doing a job, like anybody else. Reasons I can think of:

- we actually believe they did the things shown in the movie or tv, so find these people exceptional

- when something is right in front of you that you have only seen in photos, it is a noteworthy experience, such as seeing Mt. Rushmore in person, after only seeing it in photos

- the media needs to put something on their blank page
actors are basically oink oinks.
  • oeb11
  • 12-19-2020, 05:43 PM
Actors are paid to Pretend.
Hollyweird hires pretty people to do so.

BFD - their opinions are meaningless as the drivel from AOC!
I know those people on Star Trek were just pretending, and never went to Star Fleet academy. But it must have been a lot of fun to meet all those aliens.
America has seen a goof-ball go onto 'reality TV' and become a STAR using the catchphrase of "Your fired".

That 'actor' is obnoxious and rude, the more he plays into that TV character the more people love him.

He was able to turn that fame into a political campaign, and his followers loved him and voted for him. Because he is obnoxious and rude.

Now he has been our president for four years.
America has seen a goof-ball go onto 'reality TV' and become a STAR using the catchphrase of "Your fired".

That 'actor' is obnoxious and rude, the more he plays into that TV character the more people love him.

He was able to turn that fame into a political campaign, and his followers loved him and voted for him. Because he is obnoxious and rude.

Now he has been our president for four years. Originally Posted by RetiredSubmariner
Long before him, we had a real actor become president.
Long before him, we had a real actor become president. Originally Posted by NoOneUKnow
Yes, we did! Reagan was also president of the Screen Actors Guild, and Governor of California, gaining 18 years of leadership experience, prior to being elected President.

His acting skills did not prepare him to be a leader. Everything after acting did.
Yes, we did! Reagan was also president of the Screen Actors Guild, and Governor of California, gaining 18 years of leadership experience, prior to being elected President.

His acting skills did not prepare him to be a leader. Everything after acting did. Originally Posted by pfunkdenver
I met the man in a private office while in college. I was very impressed with his knowledge.

Anyone with a normal IQ can be a successful actor. The question is why would anyone want to be an actor?
The question is why would anyone want to be an actor? Originally Posted by JRLawrence