Piper's Club

I'm smoking on a smooth Salvinelli churchwarden 601 with some old dark fired.

This is a new pipe, and it smoked so good for my first bowl, but now it's getting hot as shit and burning the fuck out of my tongue, even while doing the breathing method.

WTF?
I want to refrain from using any vulgarity in the piper's club. I have broken the mantel's code of ethics. Forgive me, Muttnchop.
please explain what the heck you're talking about?

no here really cares about your vulgarity!
I'm smoking on a smooth Salvinelli churchwarden 601 with some old dark fired.

This is a new pipe, and it smoked so good for my first bowl, but now it's getting hot as shit and burning the fuck out of my tongue, even while doing the breathing method.

WTF? Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
You have to break a new pipe in slowly, especially if it is a new expensive wooden one. Get some char in the bowl so that it can insulate the wood, and don't carve it out all the time. 60 years ago I had a pipe like that and it was a lot of work to get the char to buildup correctly.

Good luck
oh.. he's talking about smoking a pipe?

people still smoke pipe? I thought that practice died out.
No. I'm bringing it back, but you're right. It is dying out, I guess. I'm not really sure, but it's not very popular.

I think it's because the pipe is new. My hypothesis is that the pipe is getting wet while I'm smoking it, because there's not much carbon layer to absorb the moisture. Once it gets wet, it tastes like shit, burns like crap and tends to get hot as I need to puff on it more to get it to smoke.

Damn.

It smokes good sometimes, but once it gets wet, it's pretty much over. I thought getting an expensive pipe would circumvent the breaking in process. I guess I got bamboozled, again.
with all those anti-smoking laws on the books, the nanny state antis are having their way.
Piping is not smoking. It's meditation.
Say, is the carbon cake actually a build up of resin?

I'm noticing a sweeter and smoother smoke as resin begins to build up in the bowl.

I just smoked a bowl and it tasted like raisins for the first time. Every other bowl before just tasted like dirt.
Piping is not smoking. It's meditation. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
I hear ya'.

Okay, fellow Piper's of the mantel, I will be trying a brand new blend tomorrow. It is Mac Baren's Vanilla Roll Cake.

This was my first pipe, and I already smoked all of my first tobacco, which was Mac Baren's HH Old Dark Fired. I didn't really like it. It just tasted like dirt to me and left the room smelling like an ash tray. I enjoyed smoking it, and the tin note was pleasant (smelled like beef jerky), but the room note was too gross for me. I don't like my house smelling like an ash tray.

So, now I am trying an aromatic. Hopefully this will be more pleasant both for the tongue and for the nose cavity.
Vanilla Roll Cake is better in every way, but still kind of tastes like dirt and smells like an ash trey after a few hours. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos of pipe smokers explaining the taste, and it sounded so good I went out and bought a pipe and some tobacco. It mostly taste like dirt, though.

Anyway, I'm gonna try to gulp down a slop of cactus tea