A question for providers who have cancellation fees...

Since I need a better idea on whether I should start charging a fee when clients cancel an appointment, I have a few questions for the providers who do so already:

How can you be sure he will pay the cancellation fee? Do you make him pay cash? Money order? How long does he have to pay it back?

Are there exceptions you may make if a client cancels within, let's say, an hour of booking the appointment, or if it is truly a last-minute emergency at home or work?

How much is the fee usually, and does it vary for incalls and outcalls, and guys you have seen before? Do you base it off a certain percentage of that appointment, like 20%?

I've thought about doing this for a while, I just need some more opinions on it. Hopefully some of you girls who have a cancellation policy that is working well for you can give me some insight..

Feel free to PM me instead if you would like.

Thanks ladies! Looking forward to your replies!

XOXO Savannah
Oh, I had one listed on my old website, but it's impractical, so I stopped wasting the type space. You have no real way of collecting from deadbeats, and you'll just tick off the decent guys. The nice, responsible gentlemen will make it up to you without being asked, and the others probably won't call you again anyway.
You can attract more bees with honey. I just think with the array of available women here in the Dallas Fort Worth area that this type thing would be difficult to enforce.
FancyInHeels, you summarized it perfectly, and this issue cuts both ways. The honorable people do the right thing - the others never will.
Although I have never NCNS a provider or canceled on a provider. And please don't take this as being ugly, but, good luck enforcing a fee for someone cancelling on you. Making & breaking an appt is a hazard of doing business. That would be like a hobbiest charging an inconvenience fee to a provider to make up for missing work if a provider NCNS him. The only way you could was if he paid by credit card up front and you took it out of the fee, he would just challenge it as a bogus charge with the cc company.
  • Zx
  • 03-19-2012, 05:55 PM
It's a valid question or concern but highly improbable
Although I have never NCNS a provider or canceled on a provider. And please don't take this as being ugly, but, good luck enforcing a fee for someone cancelling on you. Making & breaking an appt is a hazard of doing business. That would be like a hobbiest charging an inconvenience fee to a provider to make up for missing work if a provider NCNS him. The only way you could was if he paid by credit card up front and you took it out of the fee, he would just challenge it as a bogus charge with the cc company. Originally Posted by Von Spieler
I agree completely. I totally see where you are coming from, and I haven't enforced it because I know there are chances I won't get the fee nor hear from that client again.

This thread was mostly aimed towards providers who have this policy in effect and it is working for them..

I'm still waiting on a provider with this kind of policy to reply so I can hear it from both sides of the fence.

I'm really curious as to how these ladies make sure the fee is paid, and how they go about collecting it..

And Zx, I agree with you too.. It IS highly improbable.. That's why I wanted some opinions on this topic from the ladies who charge cancellation fees. I probably won't end up changing my cancellation policy or adding any fees, but I would still like to know how the providers get their fees in the end, or if they're mostly SOL.
  • Zx
  • 03-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Although it is directed at providers it really ensures that each party involved is serious at wanting to play, good luck at finding a viable solution
I know of no ladies that have a cancellation policy let alone a "viable" one. Usually a lady will book on good faith until a client proves flakey with multiple cancellations then she'll require a deposit from him.
I know of no ladies that have a cancellation policy let alone a "viable" one. Usually a lady will book on good faith until a client proves flakey with multiple cancellations then she'll require a deposit from him. Originally Posted by Hercules
Good suggestion. I think I'd much rather require a deposit for repeatedly flaky clients. That sounds more effective than a set cancellation fee that applies to everyone. I've actually seen in some providers' signatures a while back about having a cancellation fee but I haven't actually talked to any providers who have one, and no one has spoken up yet, so I might never know how they actually end up getting their fee LOL