Question on etiquette

Ladies, is it acceptable for us to ask about specials, especially if specials are mentioned in your ad?

I was hoping to meet a well known provider, was screened after months of trying, and had set a tentative meeting (we were texting by this time) and I asked if she was offering any specials at this time. I even said that "I hate to ask, but I gotta..." and was thinking that I might consider a little longer visit if she was having that sort of special. I was fully willing to meet even if she said no, but that was the last I heard from her. Not even a yes or no. I texted the next day to see if we were still on for meeting and nothing. So I assumed something came up and she had to leave town or tend to personal business so I let it go for a few weeks. Then she posts a new ad so I inquire about possibly finally meeting, and no response. I can only think it was because I asked about specials. So, your ad mentions specials and a guy asks, would you be insulted or do you think it was something else. If it was something else, I am at a loss.
I think it should be ok to ask if that what she has said in an ad. I have some that just ask and If I have them I so If I don't I just say " not at this time" no need to be mean or anything.
It really depends on how you ask.
It really depends on how you ask. Originally Posted by pyramider
Maybe I should have mentioned taint?

But really, I asked after we had already agreed to meet. I figured that was enough that she would understand that I was just asking and meeting was in no way dependent on her offering a special.
When you make an appointment and it is confirmed by her, take a screen shot of her "special" with the date. You don't have to mention the Special at all. The thorough Providers will say how long ( i. e. days, hours, etc.) the special is.

It's a little extra trouble but you'll have backup in case she disputes it and posts about your cheap ass shorted her.
Sex and money are often taboo topics.

I have not been turned away (yet) for asking whether their showcase/P411 profile/or [day of the week] ECCIE ad was still current/accurate.
There should be no need to ask them about specials, usually they are in their ads or showcase. If the rate is not specifically mentioned then it would be acceptable to ask.
It's ok to ask anything you want.
All it says is "New Specials". I tried to make light of the question. I'd have been ok with a simple "no" or "yes on overnights" whatever. But silence and cutting off all contact seemed extreme.
She didn't list the Special fee amount? If she didn't you were not out of line in asking her.
Nothing wrong with asking, if she was rude to you then move on to another one. Maybe she has a reason, but do you really want to go visit a provider that does that to you? If you want to take that risk go ahead, but to me it seems like chemistry is lacking so I'd go after another one of the great ladies on here.
She didn't list the Special fee amount? Originally Posted by Prolongus
Nope

Nothing wrong with asking, if she was rude to you then move on to another one. Maybe she has a reason, but do you really want to go visit a provider that does that to you? If you want to take that risk go ahead, but to me it seems like chemistry is lacking so I'd go after another one of the great ladies on here. Originally Posted by TheFlash8
I agree. She was not rude, just went silent. And I will be moving on. but I just wanted to make sure i did not breach some rule if etiquette. I don't want to miss out on someone else for the same mistake.
Agreed. Best to move on. Too many fish in the sea.
Anything written like email and text about money has a spook factor. There's a fine line you have to walk discussing this hobby and it's activities and I imagine she either bolted thinking you were a cheap ass, she had a mad GPS moment that day, or the whole money discussion taboo spooked her. It's obvious she had a line you weren't aware of and you crossed it. No bad intent on your part, but she cleared your account when you asked. So no matter what the manners generalities, this one had specific boundaries. Next!
Yeah, I don't think you broke an etiquette rule by asking. Asking about rates and specials is your right. At the end of the day it's a business transaction, so inquiring about specials should not be a deal breaker. Good luck!