Why so rude?

I just called a provider who was advertising a qk special. I first asked about meeting at a time and she said she doesn't usually do incall at that time but would if she knew I would show. I mentioned the qk and she said the qk wouldn't be available at that time. I said what about 1/2 hour sooner and she hung up.

Why so rude? Was I in the wrong? The ad had no time frame. Why not just say that she didn't want to do it and we go our separate ways? I'm probably more dissapointed because it's a provider I've been watching for awhile and thought the qk was a great excuse to give her a try.

Thoughts?
Who knows, but I imagine they get a lot of "crank" calls that waste their time, and some of them have less patience dealing with the general public than others. In addition, there seems to be a rather high % that have poor customer service skills in general, IMHO. I would scratch her off the list and move on. Based on that attitude, you probably weren't going to have a good time anyway, so be thankful it probably saved you from wasting your money.
I had emailed one of the massage providers who had received a good review from someone. I told her my available times, she emailed back about getting her appointment book, which the tone implied annoyance, I replied back and haven't received an answer since. Sometimes I guess one catches providers on bad days.
Ok I'll bite... What the heck is qk?
It's a quickie (15 minute date). Sometimes a good cheap introduction. I have used them for that purpose and with girls I see on a regular basis when I am low on cash.
  • Bubba
  • 07-16-2010, 09:24 AM
I guess I am getting old....I can barely get undressed in 15 minutes....LOL!!!

I think situations like this can be do to several factors. Providers are human so they are subject to bad days just like the rest of us. Also, as mentioned above sometimes they get so many crank calls if something sounds at all out of place they assume the worst. Can't really blame them....

In your case Leialay I think when you asked about a time that was only 30 minutes different she may have thought....geez....30 minutes difference....is he joking....LOL!! With that said if she doesn't post time restrictions she should expect calls like yours. In addition, when you mentioned the first time she should have responded with the time of day she can do qk's. Playing devils advocate......once she said your initial time wasn't good you could have asked what times were availible.

This kind of thing is the fault of both parties and it is no one's fault!! Sometimes the stars just aren't aligned right! Don't sweat it....either try again...or just move on!

Happy Friday to all!!
Whatever happened to "The customer is always right"?
  • Bubba
  • 07-16-2010, 10:36 AM
LOL Omahan!! Like you, I have been in the "customer service" arena in some form or fashion my entire career.

We have always been told the "customer is always right." I don't now nor have I ever believed that statement...I don't think you do either....LOL!! HOWEVER, good customer relations people find ways to show the customer they are wrong without actually saying it. My favorite way is to direct the conversation in a manner that the customer finally realizes they are wrong. I have found it to be much more effective if the customer figures out their error on their own! Of course some situations/customers don't lend themselves to that method. When that happens you have to find creative ways to say....."hey dummy, you don't know what you are talking about." LOL!!!! That is where the real fun begins!!!

I have no doubt Omahan and others have some very interesting/funny customer situations....but that is for another thread!
I don't hang up on people, but I don't like staying on the phone for longer than necessary either. I have a pre-paid phone and those things eat up minutes like crazy! That is also why I don't like texts.
Maybe she was just irritated and didn't want to say something rude so she hung up first.
Who knows for certain, some people don't have good phone etiquette.
...I have a pre-paid phone and those things eat up minutes like crazy!... Originally Posted by Allie_Kat
But Allie, how are we supposed to find out if we can eat you up like crazy? LOL
Allie, completely off topic...you can get an $80 phone from Wal-Mart, and buy $45 'Straight Talk' cards, good for unlimited phone, text and data for 30 days.

There's no surprises, just like other pre-paid plans, but there's also no worries about using up minutes.

Back on topic, I have run into some rude ladies. For a brief time, I actually used one phone to make the first phone call, ask irritating questions, etc...then I would call back from my real phone a few days later, not have to piss her off with questions, and easily set up an appointment.
Whatever happened to "The customer is always right"? Originally Posted by Omahan
Although this concept is not universally the case, it is a very valid question in this sub-culture.

I'm wondering if the root of this problem is the quality of individual contacted, the requested donation, etc.

In 8 years, I have never had an experience such as this.
sometimes a provider has an awful day and it shows. i cant count how many times recently i have paid for an incall and then i get a nc/ns done to me. there have been a few ppl ive hung up on.. asking too many of the wrong questions, sometimes just from getting a suspicious feeling... could be anything. and sorry guys but the customer is not always right... but we let u think u r! lol
sorry guys but the customer is not always right... but we let u think u r! lol Originally Posted by TINAMONET
That was kind of my point. Successful companies that use the "the customer is always right" model are not so stupid as to believe the customer is always right. It's all about how you treat the customer. If, as you say, you let your customers think they are right then you are doing just what we are suggesting.
look guys dirty probly knows best if you stay on the phone to long it gives time for le to work so just call get a time & if you don't like what you see or whats told then leave. when I call I have a min & half rule in & out.