11 Officers Shot 3 Dead

2 snipers.
Black, White, Brown, Red lives All Matter
4 dead now very sad
2 people of interest in custody......thoughts and prayers for the family and friends of those 4 officers......Dallas is generally a safe city compared with Chicago, or New Orleans.....but when shit does happen in Dallas its always TV news worthy.....
  • ATM
  • 07-07-2016, 11:58 PM
Suddenly the Amps and motels and street hookers aren't so important.
  • Sandy
  • 07-08-2016, 12:19 AM
Another feed: http://vaughnlive.tv/rosesgarden
3 suspects in custody, 2 men one woman, and 4th suspect holed up
another police died, making it 5
Now 5 officers dead.......sad -_-.
Over a lifetime there are very few times when one can say "Tomorrow, the world will be a different place." This is one of those times. People my age will immediately think back to JFK's assassination. The previous generation had VE Day and VJ Day or maybe Hiroshima. The younger generation had 9-11. The number of lives lost is not the most significant factor here, it is the circumstances leading up to it. Changes are coming and fast. I am not sure what form they will take, but I feel confident in saying the world starting tomorrow will be different. It might be better, it might be worse, but things will change. A society without laws is not a society. When the law is questioned, when the law does not behave as the law, when the law is attacked directly and openly in the streets in the view of the public, change is inevitable.
Very sad. Just shows how crazy and out of control our world is. These Officers were simply doing their jobs, probably have families just like we all do.
A society without laws is not a society. When the law is questioned, when the law does not behave as the law, when the law is attacked directly and openly in the streets in the view of the public, change is inevitable. Originally Posted by mmcqtx
Not meaning to sound contentious but this section of your post is a contradiction. As a citizen of this country, its my duty to question the law. Without such scrutiny women wouldn't have to right to vote, interracial marriage would be illegal, and I'd be legally obliged to drink from a separate water fountain.

If the law, being the law leads to certain segments of our society feeling like equal protection under the law doesn't apply to them, it's certainly worthy of challenging through legal, PEACEFUL means and burying our collective heads in the sand WILL NOT resolve the perceived issue.

Publicly questioning the validity of certain laws in our society isn't the same as attacking society's NEED for law enforcement as a whole. Times change and our laws and how they're applied/enforced MUST reflect those changes.
A society without laws is not a society. When the law is questioned, when the law does not behave as the law, when the law is attacked directly and openly in the streets in the view of the public, change is inevitable. Originally Posted by mmcqtx
No one is above the law, even those who uphold and enforce the law. Hell, they're more accountable, because they know the law better than anyone yet use it for their own benefit.

They (the media) keep calling this Dallas shooter 'deranged', 'mental' and other colorful descriptives. Maybe he's someone that's fed up with watching cops get away with murder, or even worse, watching them get paid vacations for murder and never see a day of jail.

When the hell is something going to be done about killer cops, who use the badge to kill?? This is the root of all this shit.
  • NYr
  • 07-08-2016, 07:55 AM
There is a political forum.

leave the politics out of this conversation. Warning to all before this even happens.
No one is above the law, even those who uphold and enforce the law. Hell, they're more accountable, because they know the law better than anyone yet use it for their own benefit.

They (the media) keep calling this Dallas shooter 'deranged', 'mental' and other colorful descriptives. Maybe he's someone that's fed up with watching cops get away with murder, or even worse, watching them get paid vacations for murder and never see a day of jail.

When the hell is something going to be done about killer cops, who use the badge to kill?? This is the root of all this shit. Originally Posted by Randall Creed

Are you somehow justifying what happened to these Dallas cops in some roundabout bullshit jargon? That's fucking amazing. It's time to flip the channel from MSNBC yo.
Are you somehow justifying what happened to these Dallas cops in some roundabout bullshit jargon? That's fucking amazing. It's time to flip the channel from MSNBC yo. Originally Posted by ramblinman69
'You people' justify killing blacks by mentioning petty crimes, real or imagined. 'Oh, he's a criminal.' Or he 'owed child support'.

MF'ker, please!!! People like you make me FUCKING SICK!!!
There is a political forum.

leave the politics out of this conversation. Warning to all before this even happens. Originally Posted by NYr
???

I'm just woderinng how the CURRENT contributions this conversation are politicized (I'm just asking). Please don't stifle the conversation before it gets a chance to start... Discussion is obviously needed Bud, shutting us down only contributes to the madness
???

I'm just woderinng how the CURRENT contributions this conversation are politicized (I'm just asking). Please don't stifle the conversation before it gets a chance to start... Discussion is obviously needed Bud, shutting us down only contributes to the madness Originally Posted by Frique-Me
Exactly. We all know what's going on here.