STOP THE PRESSES! COG PRAISES OBAMA

Now, I know the timing of this announcement is political, in light of the President's disastrous speech yesterday, but this is a good and humane idea. Children who enter the country as a result of their parent's illegal act ought not be treated the same as their parents. The children did not make the conscious decision to come here, they have assimilated, and if they are law abiding and productive, there is no reason to deport them.

Mr. President, you don't hear this very often from me, but good job. The Republicans should jump on board and support this.

We still need to control our borders, and apprehend and deport those who did intentionally come here illegally, but the President's policy announcement is a reasonable start on a workable immigration policy.

Thank you, President Obama.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...gration-policy

See, I told you I would comment when he does something right. It just doesn't happen very often.
And the children of thieves should be allowed to inherit the loot their parents stole. Nope, not even close. Wouldn't want to break up families so we should deport the young along with the old.
Deport all of the twenty million illegals and seal the border. Or we can just annex Mexico as the 51st state and get it over with. Maybe it would be better to just stop pretending we even have a southern border. And while we're at it, why not invite every starving third worlder to move to America and live on welfare, the way Obama's aunt and uncle have done.

Obama telegraphed that he was going to act outside the Constitution in a speech to La Raza in July 2011. He said that he wished that he could do more about "the heartbreak that deportations cause" but the system would not allow him to act without Congress.

This an excerpt from Obama's speech to La Raza.

Now, I swore an oath to uphold the laws on the books, but that doesn't mean I don't know very well the real pain and heartbreak that deportations cause. I share your concerns and I understand them. And I promise you, we are responding to your concerns and working every day to make sure we are enforcing flawed laws in the most humane and best possible way.

Now, I know some people want me to bypass Congress and change the laws on my own. (Applause.) And believe me, right now dealing with Congress --

AUDIENCE: Yes, you can! Yes, you can! Yes, you can! Yes, you can! Yes, you can!

THE PRESIDENT: Believe me -- believe me, the idea of doing things on my own is very tempting. (Laughter.) I promise you. Not just on immigration reform. (Laughter.) But that's not how -- that's not how our system works.

AUDIENCE MEMBER: Change it!

THE PRESIDENT: That's not how our democracy functions. That's not how our Constitution is written.

Obama admitted that changing deportation policy on his own, would be unconstitutional, and now he has done precisely that.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2011..._plugs_dr.html
Well I voted for Obama and I can say nice things about him....

Since he's been in office his acne has cleared up quite a bit.
I used to think that way, but upon closer analysis, I think the President is right. I don't think the minor children who are brought here by their parents illegally are guilty of a crime. In most crimes, there has to be both a criminal act and a criminal intent for there to be a conviction. Minor children who travel here with their parents lack the criminal intent to enter this country illegally. It would be a bigger crime to arrest a person who came here as a child, who has gone through school and is now working and being productive, and who also has not committed any crimes while here, and then send them to country they know little about and many can't even remember. They are Americans, not Mexicans.

The parents? Sure, send them back. And if the minors show an inclination to live outside the law while here, send them back, too. But law-abiding, productive children of illegals who entered the country with their parents as minors, ought not be forced back to their former country. It only makes sense.

Let's examine a few facts, aside from the humanitarian considerations.

1. We have more illegal aliens in this country than we can manage.
2. We will never be able to deport all the people who have entered illegally.
3. We need to control our borders so the situation does not get worse. The Obama administration is not likely to act on this.
4. We need a systematic program to deport illegals once the border is under control.
5. It makes sense to start with the violent illegals first, along with drug dealers. Then work our way through the balance of the illegal population.
6. Law-abiding, productive, children of illegals, if they are to be deported at all, ought to be last on the list.
7. It will take all of the resources we can allocate just to get rid of the violent and drug dealing illegals, it makes no sense to waste resources on people who are adding to this country.

I think giving this class of illegals work permits and a path to citizenship is not only the right thing to do, it saves resources to apply to where the problem truly is. Add to that the fact that they aren't guilty of a crime, it only makes sense.
Maybe it's sensible, maybe it isn't. But this isn't the right way to do it. The right way is to persuade Congress to change the law. The man isn't a dictator. Then again, maybe he is. I'll bet the last thing he says to Moochell every night before bed is FUCK CONGRESS.
Governing by fiat isn' the right way of doing anything................
Maybe it's sensible, maybe it isn't. But this isn't the right way to do it. The right way is to persuade Congress to change the law. The man isn't a dictator. Then again, maybe he is. I'll bet the last thing he says to Moochell every night before bed is FUCK CONGRESS. Originally Posted by mastermind238
More likely, FUCK AMERICA.
Who are you and what have done with COG?
Moochell.. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

That's damn funny.
Obama's executive order covers all young people 30 and under ???????????

This isn't some compassion directed at children; it is an abject runaround congress to boost latino votes.

Obama might have a case if it was covering children (15 and under). But some guy who comes here illegally when he is in his early 20s is given amnesty ?

Fuck Obama; he has rendered the concept of being a legal American citizen meaningless !
Obama's executive order covers all young people 30 and under ???????????

This isn't some compassion directed at children; it is an abject runaround congress to boost latino votes.

Obama might have a case if it was covering children (15 and under). But some guy who comes here illegally when he is in his early 20s is given amnesty ?

Fuck Obama; he has rendered the concept of being a legal American citizen meaningless ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Given his background, Obama is naturally sympathetic to illegal aliens. At least two of his relatives are here illegally. And depending on the facts of his birth, maybe he is too.
  • CJ7
  • 06-15-2012, 03:45 PM
why create new GOVERNMENT when we refuse to enforce the current Government

so much for the less government rightwingers huh?
I have to agree with that. Children have no control of the poor decisions their parents make and shouldn't have to suffer the consequences.
I have to agree with that. Children have no control of the poor decisions their parents make and shouldn't have to suffer the consequences. Originally Posted by acp5762
Let's assume my parents made poor economic choices and weren't able to leave me a billion dollar inheritance. Does that mean I'm entitled to the same inheritance as someone else whose parents made better economic decisions? After all, why should I have to suffer for the mistakes of my parents.

America needs to start pursuing it's own self interest. We can't afford to be the sugar daddy to world any more. We are broke. Coddling illegal aliens creates a magnet for more illegals to come here. Illegal aliens are a net loss economically to America. We pay for their education, their healthcare, welfare and the cost to incarcerate them. We can't afford to continue our open border policies.

The argument that illegals are just doing the jobs Americans won't do any more is specious. The reason Americans won't do low pay unpleasant work is because they prefer to live on welfare. We need to slash welfare programs so that able bodied people will no longer be able to parasite off their neighbors. The welfare parasites will be forced to work or starve. Once we've gotten rid of welfare for able bodied people, the illegals will self deport. We need to pick our own crops and mow our own yards.