Unsolicited texts to GF from WhitePages

Things with the SO had deteriorated to the point to where there was zero BCD activity and I didn't give a shit what she knew and contacted civie GF's/SB's via the regular mobile phone. We split a few months ago and was slow to change the billing addy and accounts for the joint mobile phone thus she had access to some old and current mobile phone records. Bad move, I know.

Now the current GF with whom things are going very well is receiving unsolicited texts from WhitePages offering the name associated with a previously frequently called number (prior SB).
"Name to XXX-XXX-XXXX, CITY, ST avail frm WhitePages@$1.99. Reply Y to confirm. Reply HELP for help. Msg&data rates may apply"
GF and SB both know about each other based on prior conversations with each - so minimal damage other than dredging up prior but known behaviors with the GF.

Question is - How did the exSO do it?
And obviously I'd to know How to stop it?

Or even offer the exSO the opportunity to determine the names assigned to many many other numbers she's never called. I don't know for sure the exSO did it but there is literally zero other ways to tie the SB & GF together save that and my hobby phone

Thanks in advance,
Let me see if I can help you. But first I need to understand the problem better. Your current GF who was also your GF when you were still with your SO, still has the same phone number on which you used to call/text when you all were together? If so, then perhaps your ex-SO just used some common sense to pick two of the most frequently dialed/texted numbers on your bill, then went to WhitePages, did a reverse look up on one (in this case the SB). Then WP gave her the option to receive a text with the name of the owner of that line. She thought to herself, "GREAT! Lemme teach my ex a lesson by letting his current GF know about his past [or maybe still current as far as she knows] SB" not knowing your GF & SB know each other already. Do your ex then gave WP your GF's number to mess with you.

My advice: have your GF change her number if she's not too attached to it. If not an option, then you are somewhat screwed unless of course you're willing to file a restraining order against your ex if you can show she's harassing your GF. I am no lawyer but I believe a restraining order does cover all forms of contact including electronic, etc.

Good luck!
  • Reddd
  • 07-10-2013, 08:37 AM
2B - your synopsis is correct but my question is: how did the exSO have WhitePages send the text message to the GF? The text came from a 6 digit automated system.
Anybody figure this out yet?
I have some ideas, but was wanting to hear some other possibilities.
2B - your synopsis is correct but my question is: how did the exSO have WhitePages send the text message to the GF? The text came from a 6 digit automated system. Originally Posted by Reddd
Go to WhitePages site; do a reverse phone lookup; it offers you the option to receive the name to which the phone is registered. It requires for you to enter YOUR cell phone number so they can charge you. Then they send you a text message you need to respond to on order to confirm the charges. That's who your GF received the text. In this case, the culprit did a reverse telephone lookup on the frequently-called number (your prior SB). Then she's offered the option to receive the name & info of the owner of that line. She entered your current GF's cell phone number where they asked for hers thinking your GF will receive a text with info about your other SB.
Just get a new phone number and keep it unlisted.
  • `flip
  • 07-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Guess you should think about who she knows that works for a wireless company.

Most of the companies are intertwined and share specific information to port numbers and such. So let’s say your exSO hooked up with a guy that works for a wireless company even better the wireless company you use. All of your incoming and outgoing records are stored and can be pulled up texts ,numbers called and calling in.

In the matter of the pre-paid phone it’s not as hard as you would think but it all point to her knowing someone with either the access or the skill to pull it off. It’s really not that hard to do, phone phreaking has been around as long as there have been phones.

Assuming I understood your problem I would research who she might know that is employed by a cell phone company.